The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Cost More?

twinlove

Kassian vs Hodgson, too early to tell

Ballard vs grabner, the only thing that bug me is the 1st pick. I'm sure Gillis could have gotten him with a 2nd picks. I don't care about Grabner. He gets his goals playings 1st line minute on a sucky team and plays the PP with John tavares.

Definetly option B, Howden looks very promising and Grabner could be a useful player, IMO Ballard is a burden to this team and we really need to start looking for a better option to improve our defensive depth and size, aswell as save precious cap room.

Hodgson and Kassian trade is still to early to tell, but getting Ballard and throwing away 1st rounders like candy was a boneheaded move that seems frantic and not well thought out. Ala Sundin 20 M offer.

I liked all those trades, Ballard is a great d-man (just needs to stay heathy), Kassian is a monster, he is going to prove him self very valuable in the next two years, Grags shows a lot of promis as well, as far as draft picks go, that is kind of tough, i mean if you are offered a graet player that has already establish him self then why not! I have seen over the years many so called first rounders turn out to be duds, so i guess giving up a first or second round pick would be a judgement call based upon the requirments of the team make up, and may not hurt the team.

Definetly option B, Howden looks very promising and Grabner could be a useful player, IMO Ballard is a burden to this team and we really need to start looking for a better option to improve our defensive depth and size, aswell as save precious cap room.

Hodgson and Kassian trade is still to early to tell, but getting Ballard and throwing away 1st rounders like candy was a boneheaded move that seems frantic and not well thought out. Ala Sundin 20 M offer.

I hate to rant over things like these, but if we got Ballard without giving up Grabner and our first, traded, say, Schroeder, Rodin, and a 2nd for Kassian, re-signed Torres, this is what our line up could've looked like this year:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Grabner - Hodgson - Kassian

Torres - Lapierre - Hansen

But then again, s*** happens.

I hate to rant over things like these, but if we got Ballard without giving up Grabner and our first, traded, say, Schroeder, Rodin, and a 2nd for Kassian, re-signed Torres, this is what our line up could've looked like this year:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

I have issue with the Kassian bashing. He has been put into the unenviable position of filling the skates, as it were, of a fan favorite here and didn't light it up right away. So what. He came here late in the season and was thrown into a new situation with no warning.

If the critics would look at it fairly, Hodgeson didn't exactly show the star potential he showcased here.

The simple fact is both players need a fresh start next fall to find their place within the team. People are concentrating more on what left instead of what we got in return.

When Kassian finds his stride, I see him being a Bertuzzi type forward, possessing the edge and physical play that Vancouver sorely needs. When he becomes this he's gonna be a force. I can see him on the wing with the Sedins. No offense to Burrows, but the Sedins need a guard as well as a skilled forward on the right wing. Think about it. Kassian would be able to fight anyone messing with the Sedins without compromising the line. Burrows would be able to move up to the first line without missing a beat. Burrows makes any line better and would find the Kesler line a pretty comfortable option B. Pretty sweet scenario.

I do agree with the Ballard situation. I'm not so concerned with what we gave up as I am with his cap hit. He makes way to much for what he's brought. He's another player who needs to find a new home.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - LaPierre - Hansen

Weise - Gaustad - Bitz

Oh yeah, Lose Manny and sign Gaustad.

Potential to be a cup winner in my opinion.

Kassian was supposed to be a physical force we could use for the playoff's. He was not.

We lost three 1 goal games against L.A.; CoHo had a habit of scoring in one goal games against good teams. See Detroit, San Jose & Boston.

Kass himself probably will be fine. But not until the season after next when the Twins are 3 & 4 years removed from MVP calibre seasons. I feel shafted because Jack Johnson, an under performing 1st rounder who could not get time behind Doughty on his team got L.A. Carter. Carter > Kassian will ever be. Carter helped his team right away.

I will cheer for Kassian.

I will never cheer for this trade!

Why do I feel we got the bad end of the stick? We're rebuilding before Calgary starts!

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

I have issue with the Kassian bashing. He has been put into the unenviable position of filling the skates, as it were, of a fan favorite here and didn't light it up right away. So what. He came here late in the season and was thrown into a new situation with no warning.

If the critics would look at it fairly, Hodgeson didn't exactly show the star potential he showcased here.

The simple fact is both players need a fresh start next fall to find their place within the team. People are concentrating more on what left instead of what we got in return.

When Kassian finds his stride, I see him being a Bertuzzi type forward, possessing the edge and physical play that Vancouver sorely needs. When he becomes this he's gonna be a force. I can see him on the wing with the Sedins. No offense to Burrows, but the Sedins need a guard as well as a skilled forward on the right wing. Think about it. Kassian would be able to fight anyone messing with the Sedins without compromising the line. Burrows would be able to move up to the first line without missing a beat. Burrows makes any line better and would find the Kesler line a pretty comfortable option B. Pretty sweet scenario.

I do agree with the Ballard situation. I'm not so concerned with what we gave up as I am with his cap hit. He makes way to much for what he's brought. He's another player who needs to find a new home.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - LaPierre - Hansen

Weise - Gaustad - Bitz

Oh yeah, Lose Manny and sign Gaustad.

Potential to be a cup winner in my opinion.

Archived