The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]The Ballard Redemption

Points that must be acknowledged.

• Ballard and Edler cannot remain on the same team in terms of even salary distribution, and we sure as hell aren't moving Hamhuis

• Ballard had observed the game from the pressbox for several months and learned a lot about the game, his play in the LA series demonstrated this immensely

• Edler is a blue chip trading piece and can net us the player that puts us over the top

• Burrows is a role player and Mr. Clutch on this team, despite this he creates a lack of depth players that aren't the Sedins turn to when lines are juggled

• In essence burrows can't play 72 games with the Sedins and be thrown with Kesler when the going gets tough

With all of this understood here are my trades.

TB: Luongo, 1st, Jensen

Van: Connolly, 10th overall, 20th overall

Ana: Edler, Connolly, 10th overall, 20th overall

Van: Scorey Perry (50 goal scorer at the age of 26)

Sedin/Sedin/Perry

Booth/Kesler/Kassian

Higgins/Lapierre/Burrows

Bitz/Pahllson/Hansen

Hamhuis//Bieksa

Ballard/Tanev

Gragnani/Salo(Weber when he leaves Nashville)

Schneider

3rd line defensive pairing is irrelevant since our 1st line will be the pain train from hell.

Fair value for the second trade but the first one would never happen. Precedent says that two late firsts (Jensen and 26) probably get you around the ~16 pick. Taking that into consideration Luongo and the 16th cannot net you last year's 6th overall, this year's 10 as well as the 20th.

I would be scared to go into a season with those D pairings. Like the other poster said the Canucks are pretty much fleecing the TBL in this trade. If TBL does the first trade I wouldn't even do the second. I would draft a couple of big D-men and then sign some FAs.

Also I very much doubt that Kassian is ready to step up into a top 6 role at this time, I think he is a couple of years away at least (judging from his play with the Canucks this year)

Fair value for the second trade but the first one would never happen. Precedent says that two late firsts (Jensen and 26) probably get you around the ~16 pick. Taking that into consideration Luongo and the 16th cannot net you last year's 6th overall, this year's 10 as well as the 20th.

If their 10th was a 5th overall it may be overpayment, I think another prospect from us would get it done though, This entire proposal is under the assumption Ballard can step in for Edler and Perry scores 65 goals with the Sedins.

so, basically, Lu, Edler, 1st and Jensen for Perry? Also, the top-scoring D-man in the regular season for this team (yes, it was Edler) gets replaced by someone who has been regarded by some as overpaid and under-producing (presuming this move comes due to Edler's gaffes in the post-season?); can you spell "g-a-m-b-l-e"?

Also,

I would be scared to go into a season with those D pairings. Like the other poster said the Canucks are pretty much fleecing the TBL in this trade. If TBL does the first trade I wouldn't even do the second. I would draft a couple of big D-men and then sign some FAs.

Also I very much doubt that Kassian is ready to step up into a top 6 role at this time, I think he is a couple of years away at least (judging from his play with the Canucks this year)

Archived