The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retooling And A New Image

So i know the canucks have this drama queen diving whining image put on them aroun d the league and through its fans. Also i know most of that is just what happens when your consistantly one of the best teams in the league, but some of it carries weight. I would like to see loungo moved to florida for R.Malone,and there first round pick 2012.... also I think we should move R.Kesler to anahiem for R.Getzlaf straight up. I would resign salo and move tanev up to get top 4 minutes. I think this would change the image people have on our team (Getzlaf) and address the size factor Mike Gillis is after (Malone)

1st Line LW D.Sedin C H.Sedin RW A.Burrows

2nd Line LW D.Booth C R.Getzlef RW R.Malone

3rd Line LW C.Higgins C J.Schroeder RW Y.Hanson

4th Line LW M.Malholtra C M.Lapeirre RW B.Bitz

1st Pair LD A.Edler RD C.Tanev

2nd Pair LD K.Beiksa RD D.Hamhuis

3rd Pair LD S.Salo RD M.Gragnani

G C.Schnieder

G E.Lack

I Kept out Raymond because i suspect him to not be playing for us next season and i kept Kassian out because i think he could use a year in the Ahl to hone his game. I put schroeder on the 3rd line to give us 3 lines of scoring depth and our 4th line a face-off winning gritty puck battling line. Also I would like to state that i like Kesler i think hes a hard working passionate player but if R.Getzlaf is on the table...... thats probably what it would take to get the deal done.

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

So i know the canucks have this drama queen diving whining image put on them aroun d the league and through its fans. Also i know most of that is just what happens when your consistantly one of the best teams in the league, but some of it carries weight. I would like to see loungo moved to florida for R.Malone,and there first round pick 2012.... also I think we should move R.Kesler to anahiem for R.Getzlaf straight up. I would resign salo and move tanev up to get top 4 minutes. I think this would change the image people have on our team (Getzlaf) and address the size factor Mike Gillis is after (Malone)

2nd Line LW D.Booth C R.Getzlef RW R.Malone

3rd Line LW C.Higgins C J.Schroeder RW Y.Hanson

4th Line LW M.Malholtra C M.Lapeirre RW B.Bitz

1st Pair LD A.Edler RD C.Tanev

2nd Pair LD K.Beiksa RD D.Hamhuis

3rd Pair LD S.Salo RD M.Gragnani

G C.Schnieder

G E.Lack

I Kept out Raymond because i suspect him to not be playing for us next season and i kept Kassian out because i think he could use a year in the Ahl to hone his game. I put schroeder on the 3rd line to give us 3 lines of scoring depth and our 4th line a face-off winning gritty puck battling line. Also I would like to state that i like Kesler i think hes a hard working passionate player but if R.Getzlaf is on the table...... thats probably what it would take to get the deal done.

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

I doubt Anaheim would trade Getzlaf for Kesler straight up unless there are some behind the scenes issues going on with the Ducks or if they are a super keen on Kes.

Suggestion #1 : Spell the players names correctly.

Suggestion #2 : Instead of

It's easier to read :

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

I'm not completely positive that either of those deals would happen, but good ideas

EDIT : Where's Ballard?

No way Getzlaf is traded for Kesler straight up. You guys over value Kesler way too much. Trading for Getzlaf would be like trading for Nash or Weber. No team would do that deal. Anaheim would be asking for Edler and Kesler for Getzlaf and a pick/mid level prospect/depth player(Jason Blake type). I think we'd have a better chance landing Bobby Ryan.

No way Getzlaf is traded for Kesler straight up. You guys over value Kesler way too much. Trading for Getzlaf would be like trading for Nash or Weber. No team would do that deal. Anaheim would be asking for Edler and Kesler for Getzlaf and a pick/mid level prospect/depth player(Jason Blake type). I think we'd have a better chance landing Bobby Ryan.

Archived