The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Penguins Might Move 1 Of Big 3 Centres

Ok so this thread has nothing to do with the Canucks but I was wondering what people in this forum think will happen in Pit with thier centres.

IMO Pit best option would be to move Malkin for a number of quality young players as Crosby is the face of the franchise and even with recent concussion issues I consider him the best player in the NHL. Staal deserves the 2nd line minutes and he has proven to be a very good player at both ends of the Ice.

I think a package of Clowe, Burns and a pick or prospect for Malkin might work for both teams but I'm sure many teams would put together some interesting packages. My guess is that the penguins would be asking for a top 6 winger with size and a top pairing Dman.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but felt it is the only place to put it.

You think that Pit would move Malkin who is easily top 5 centers in the league for Clowe, a 50-60 point guy and a 30-40 point D man

and a pick? Really? Malkin puts up as much if not more points than both of those players combined and he is younger all while taking in almost 1 mil more in cap?

Maybe Pittsburgh might be interested in a Rick Nash....and if one of those big 3 would actually mind going to Columbus or if it was a 3 team deal then yea.... For Nash it might be attractive to go play with a group involving Neal/Crosby/Malkin/Staal/Letang/Fleury (of course 1 of the big 3 down the middle will most likely be going the other way)

That would probably get you Staal + Letang. To the OP's proposal, that is not nearly enough for Malkin. If you want the 2nd best player in the world you'd have to give up Couture + Vlasic + Burns for Malkin + Martin

If they can find a way, I would move Crosby IF they can get a killer return. Even with his injuries, I would think that a deal would come across that would make Pittsburgh better in the short AND long term. Similar principles would apply for trading Crosby as they do to many of us letting someone else draft Crosby in your Hockey pools because of the injury risk. I'd say trade him for AT LEAST a star player, a solid depth player, 2 first rounders and an elite/bluechip prospect.

Archived