The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Ten Off-Ice Canucks Of All Time

Langdon Algur

Vote for the best off-ice (non-player) Vancouver Canuck of all time  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so awhile ago thanks to Champions of Nothing we voted for the Top 30 all time greatest Canuck players. I thought it would be fun to do something similar only with the greatest off-ice personal who have been part of the Canucks. This list can include coaches, GM's, scouts, media types and even mascots.

Starting with number 1, I will start a thread for each of the top ten updating the list as we go. Please also suggest a person to add to the poll and I will add whoever gets the most suggestions and meets the criteria of this thread.

So get voting!!

Edit- please remember to nominate someone to add to the list. Nominees so far include Larry Ashley, Lawrence Gilman, Dave Nonis, Stan Smyl (as coach and advisor) and Derek Jory

Larry Ashley really should be on this list.

Larry Ashley was an innovative trainer with the NHL Vancouver Canucks for 14 seasons. He was a founding member of the Professional Athletic Trainers Society and was a former President of the NHL’s Trainers Association.

Ashley was also called upon to act as trainer in two NHL All Star Games and served as Team Canada trainer on three occasions. He passed away on September 16th. 1995 at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with cancer.

The Canucks Alumni hosts annual hockey and golf events with proceeds going to the Larry Ashley Scholarship Fund. The BC Hockey Hall of Fame awards an annual plaque in memory of Larry Ashley to trainers and members of the medical profession that assist with Hockey in B.C.

Voted for Robson. When I think of the Canucks, I think of him before most players.

“…at this time it is my

pleasure to welcome to the broadcast all the shut-ins, the

pensioners, the blind, and all of those people who can’t get

out to watch hockey games.”

I would say Trevor Linden because while he was a player he was a great contributor to the community and even after he's retired he still does stuff for the community, he helps out charities he was even on the Canucks for kids Telethon and he has started his own gym which has gyms over the lower mainland and more to come at a cheap price. Just all around Trevor Linden has done alot for the Lower Mainland Community and all of BC off the ice.

Voted for Robson. When I think of the Canucks, I think of him before most players.

“…at this time it is my

pleasure to welcome to the broadcast all the shut-ins, the

pensioners, the blind, and all of those people who can’t get

out to watch hockey games.”

Yeah, I voted for Captain Video as well, but it was a narrow thing over Jim Robson.

BTW: For those who voted for Pat Quinn, bear in mind that he completely botched a deal that would have brought Wayne Gretzky to the Canucks..........during the same era that we had Pavel Bure.

Thanks Rupert.

I knew the story about Quinn dragging him out of bed and playing hardball and such, but I thought I had heard it somewhere that it wasn't his choice to do it that way.

But then again, I didn't bring all my brain cells to work with me today.

Archived