The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Rosters

For those of you who are saying this is too much, why not refer to last year's offseason where the Panthers made 5 trades, and signed 10 free agents.

This is similar, i'll agree, but it should be considered more realistic than the Panthers last year.

Anything can happen, and I am praying Getzlaf will end up on the Canucks.

For those of you who are saying this is too much, why not refer to last year's offseason where the Panthers made 5 trades, and signed 10 free agents.

This is similar, i'll agree, but it should be considered more realistic than the Panthers last year.

It would be amazing to see all that go down and I think the Canucks would be the favorites after those moves, but realistically I would rather take Connolly and the draft picks and make off like a theif in the night. I would keep those picks and Connolly and see if there isn't some other option for a second line center out there.

Obviously moving Cody is going to look even crazier at the begining of next season if Kes is still out with his shoulder recovery.

My real feeling is that the D on this team needs an overhaul.

First priority in my opinion is a true shut down D man, I would love to see Barett Jackman come home and sign with the Nucks. Obviously if a guy like Suter is wanting to sign here I wouldn't say no and would make the room.

Next I think a dynamic goal scoring winger to play on the second line. Jagr would be neat to see but realistically I think he may not have the gas in the tank for a full season, let alone playing out west for the first time.

Then I think some big bodies up front and a D man that can quickly move the puck out of the zone (I really think this was where the Kings preyed on the Canucks)I think the loss of Erhoff and Torres was bigger than anyone could have anticipated.

The value of Getzlaf (a first line center) would almost be everything else I just listed there in terms of what we would have to give up for him.

In my humble opinion as great as Getzlaf is I think he doesn't bring to the table what aquiring all these players would do for the Canucks. If Getzlaf single-handedly drug the ducks kicking and screaming into the post season, then maybe I would feel differently (but then again, if that was the case, there is no way the Ducks would move him)

Archived