The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "lu Trade" Could Make Or Break Mg For This Market

six-0h-four-

Why are people packing Lu's bags already? the playoffs aren't even over, that means that we still have 4 months of waiting. Even then, they could just as well trade Schneider, how about we hold of on the "make or break" deals until the draft when we know trades like this could go down.

If he keeps AV, it won't matter what he does with Lu, next year will be the same.

Only 2 coaches with more than 5 years tenure have ever won the SC. Of the last 20 champions, 9 were won by coaches in their first year with that team.

This team has under-achieved considering it's talent level and needs a fresh approach.

Lu wasn't the problem and AV deserves to go before LU does.

It's tough to focus on just the Luongo trade (if indeed it's him that gets traded). There may not be a market for his contract so the value may be reduced. Therefore, it's more what can Gillis obtain with

1) the trade

2) the cap space Luongo leaving frees up (factoring in a healthy raise for Schneider).

Personally, if they can get some youth, that'd be great.

I'm frankly sick of seeing proposals of what we will get for Lu. It ranges from 1st round pick, a stud player, and a prospect to trading him for next to nothing.

I say let's calm FREAKING down, and let MG go to work. No matter what we get for him, there are going to be those opposed and burning down MG's methaphorical house, and those of us that will like the deal.

The proof is in the pudding. If he garners next to nothing in return, I'm sure he will be strongly disliked in this market. (as he was the one that offered Lu the contract) If he does bring in a strong prospect or a stud, great for us, and MG looks like a champ.

You've already traded Lou? We don't even know who the coach is and you're making assumptions without substance. Me thinks you should discuss the trade AFTER it happens, IF it happens.

IMHO, Lou will be our goal tender next year and Schneids will bring us some good, young talent at center to backup/replace Kessler.

I agree that Schneider has yet to prove he can handle a bigger load, but , this year, Lou didn;t handle it either...a no show in October and a few blips during the season. Even with a reduced load this year he did not post very good numbers compared to Cory. Lou was middle of the pack on a first placed team. What people here seem to not understand...or deny...is that Lou has regressed from a technical point and has shown inconsistancies because of his vulnerabitly due to poor technique. He chose to go back to old habits, even though, Rollie Melanson had him posting his career best numbers the season before. Makes no sense and he will now pay the price for being stubborn.

When under pressure in a game, technique, and trusting in the fundamentals is what will make you succeed. Cory is far better technically and fundamentally. His positioning and calmness carry the day.Cory, Mike Smith and Quick all play the same way...and guess what? Both goalies are carrying their team deep into the playoffs. Had Lou been able to steal us a game against LA...we might still be playing hockey...and not golf !! Cory outplayed Lou and deserved to play !! MG will keep Cory in MO.

Schnieder is only a proven back-up. I don't recall him playing 2-3 straight games nevermind 5-10. Obviously Schnieder has been terrific, but what I don't want to see is Luongo being traded and (for whatever reason) Schnieder is unable to deal with no. 1 duties.

How about keep lu

Trade Edler for Jordan staal

Trade Schneider and Schroeder for Taylor Hall

Edmonton drafts yakupov and doesnt miss a beat

Sedin Sedin Burr

Hall Staal Booth

Hansen Kesler Higgins

Kassian Lappy Malhotra

HAmhuis Tanev

Bieksa Salo

Ballard Rome

Connaughton