The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Game: Recruit Free Agents To Vancouver (Summer 2012)

jonnycanuck46

thought I'd make a thread to pass the time a little and to allow us fans to play "GM" for a bit. The game doesn't essentially have any winners- I guess you win if you recieve a "popular" star next to your post...

So basically, post what you would say to a player you believe is a possibility to sign with the Canucks this summer. It can include a star player, a support player, or even a farm player. It can also include re-signs like Steve Pinnizotto or Steve Reinprect.

Prize: Not really a big deal, but I'll edit this thread with a quote to the most popular and well-thought out response declaring the winner. And you can have bragging rights if you want.

Edit: ok, well I guess nobody's going to take this seriously so good job harj10 you didn't even have to do anything to win.. :picard:

Here is Harj10's post (also right below mine)

Finally a thread worth replying in eh.. haha

I'll have to think about it.. then ill post again

Huh well Steve we're really sorry that um...umm..umm.... you got stuck on the wolves for the season. How 'bout this we bring you back on a two way...huh....umm wait for it...... and we will leave you there for another season while huh... whats 'is name takes up da spot we umm... had for you? So wha do ya think put 'er there Steve???????????

NUFF SAID

Huh well Steve we're really sorry that um...umm..umm.... you got stuck on the wolves for the season. How 'bout this we bring you back on a two way...huh....umm wait for it...... and we will leave you there for another season while huh... whats 'is name takes up da spot we umm... had for you? So wha do ya think put 'er there Steve???????????

NUFF SAID

Best depth signing imaginable, Sheldon Souray for a raise to $2.3 mill.

Booming shot and right hook! A classic veteran who can extend his career by playing 3rd pair minutes, groom rookies and is still capable subbing onto many first pairs to be the best player on the ice half a game at a time! That 240 LB right side defender we soo desperately need until we sign Weber next summer!

Don't thing anyone on Edmonton would be so Eager to run any Canuck from behind either? :bigblush:

thought I'd make a thread to pass the time a little and to allow us fans to play "GM" for a bit. The game doesn't essentially have any winners- I guess you win if you recieve a "popular" star next to your post...

So basically, post what you would say to a player you believe is a possibility to sign with the Canucks this summer. It can include a star player, a support player, or even a farm player. It can also include re-signs like Steve Pinnizotto or Steve Reinprect.

Prize: Not really a big deal, but I'll edit this thread with a quote to the most popular and well-thought out response declaring the winner. And you can have bragging rights if you want.

Hey Mats,

We'll give you a 2 year 20 million dollar contract to play with the Vancouver Canucks. We know that you're retired but with your skills we feel that the team will have what it takes to win the Stanley Cup. For old times sakes, please accept this offer.

Mike Gillis

Archived