The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Stop acting like you're all scouts. Any information you've received from this point is from TSn or CSB rankings.

While I don't personally believe Grigorenko will fall all the way to spot 17, there is reason to believe that TSN has a potential hunch with what might go on. They're the ones who talk to scouts and GMs.

Stop acting like you're all scouts. Any information you've received from this point is from TSn or CSB rankings.

While I don't personally believe Grigorenko will fall all the way to spot 17, there is reason to believe that TSN has a potential hunch with what might go on. They're the ones who talk to scouts and GMs.

1.NASHVILLE-nail yakupov

2-NY ISLANDERS-Alex galchenyuk

3-MONTREAL-ryan Murray

4-MINNESOT-griffin reinhart

5-CALGARY-Mikhail grigorenko

6-WASHINGTON-filip forsberg

7-COLORADO-radek faska

8-NY RANGERS-Matthew dumba

9-VANCOUVER-Morgan Reilly

10-LOS ANGELES Teuvo Teravainen

11-ST.LOUIS-Jacob trouba

12-MINNESOTA-Cody ceci

13-PHILADELPHIA-Brandon gaunce

14-TAMPA BAY-Oli maata

15-MINNESOTA-zegmus Girsenson

16-DALLAS-derrick pouliot

17-COLOMBUS-Tomas hertl

18-CHICAGO-Matt finn

19-FLORIDA-slater koekkoek

20-COLORADO-martin frk

21-PHOENIX-Colton sissons

22-NASHVILLE-sensation collberg

23-PITSBURGH-hampud lindholm

24-DETROIT

25-BUFFALO

26-ANAHEIM

27-CAROLINA

28-EDMONTON

29-OTTAWA

30-WINNIPEG

Coming from the guy who signed him in RGMG before he played full-time in the NHL (thinly veiled brag), I'd stay away. Typical case of an average player playing well over his head on a poor team. Not that he's a bad player per se, but I'm not convinced that he's a legitimate top-6 forward on a contending team, and some team is going to pay him as if he is.

He'd be a solid pickup if we could get him on a 1-2 year contract at a reasonable price, and if we weren't relying on him to be "the guy" that fits on Kesler's wing, but that's not going to happen. If we're going to overpay for someone, I'd prefer a guy like Ray Whitney even though it's a stretch he'll perform as well as he did last season.

Archived