The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marvel Or Dc?

With the Avengers raking in record amounts of money lately... and the Batman & Spider-man movies coming out this summer, between DC & Marvel, which has the better movies??

I been loyal to Marvel all of my life, with their successful releases of Spider-man & the X-men movies, let alone the Avengers which I have not yet seen.

DC movies such as Batman, the Watchmen, Tim Burton's Batman, Superman Returns are all great movies let alone The Dark Knight which is probably the best?? Won't know until I see the Avengers.

So have at it, tell me which makes the better movies, and who will be 2nd best.

Hmm, Marvel has made more movies, but I don't know how memorable they actually are.

The only Spiderman movie that has held up so far is the second movie. The first has aged poorly and really isn't that good in retrospect. The third movie is a turd.

I really don't see why people actually liked Thor and Captain America. They aren't terrible in comparison to other movies that have been made (ie: X-Men 3, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider), but they are not even in the same league as even moderately enjoyable but fell a little short movies (ie: Iron Man 2, Watchmen).

Only Spiderman 2, X-Men 2 and Iron Man have been the "must own" in the Marvel collection.

DC hasn't been incredibly consistant either, but there are more "must owns" for me. The original Superman and Superman 2 are collectors (and I hate Superman). Batman and Batman Returns are again, fantastic. Batman Begins and TDK are the benchmark for what superhero movies should aspire to.

Marvel has been pumping out movie, after movie, after movie. Hopefully the new Superman movie (produced by Nolan) will redeem the franchise.

Marvel has more bad movies than good ones. They just go for volume. Downright awful movies:

Daredevil (although the Director's cut is watchable)

Electra

Fantastic Four (parts 1 & 2)

First Hulk movie

Ghost Rider (parts 1 & 2)

Punisher movies (pats 1 & 2)

Wolverine

X-men 3

Spiderman 3

Blade 3

Since the early 2000s, DC has been a lot more careful about which movies they allow to be made. Since then, overall their quality has been better....well except for Catwoman. But we all know that was just an excuse to show off Halley Barry's assets.

^^^

I forgot about Wolverine. Wow that was bad.

You are 100% correct, though. Marvel goes for quantity. There are certainly quality movies in the fold, but they just never stop making films, even though there are some Marvel characters that just don't translate well onto the big screen (ie: Daredevil, Ghost Rider); and I loved Daredevil as a kid.

Write in for Dark Horse movies?

Marvel has more bad movies than good ones. They just go for volume. Downright awful movies:

Daredevil (although the Director's cut is watchable)

Electra

Fantastic Four (parts 1 & 2)

First Hulk movie

Ghost Rider (parts 1 & 2)

Punisher movies (pats 1 & 2)

Wolverine

X-men 3

Spiderman 3

Blade 3

Since the early 2000s, DC has been a lot more careful about which movies they allow to be made. Since then, overall their quality has been better....well except for Catwoman. But we all know that was just an excuse to show off Halley Barry's assets.

Archived