The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Outrageous And Fair

To NSH: Alex Edler, Jordan Staal, Mason Raymond, Eddie Lack, Van 1st, Van 2nd, Pit 4th

To PIT: Alex Radulov, Anders Lindback, Nsh 3rd

To Van: Shea Weber, Brent Johnson, Nsh 4th

In other words. . .

Nashville gives up: Weber, Radulov, Lindback, 3rd, 4th.

Nashville receives: Edler, Staal, Raymond, Lack, Van 1st, Van 2nd, Pit 4th.

Pittsburgh gives up: Staal, Johnson, 4th.

Pittsburgh receives: Radulov, Lindback, Nsh 3rd.

Vancouver gives up: Edler, Raymond, Lack, 1st, 2nd.

Vancouver receives: Weber, Johnson, Nsh 4th

Why Does Nashville do this? Radulov has sufficiently shown he is highly skilled but is already rebelling against Barry Trotz. Getting back a true #1 Center is a solid return for a cancer. Nashville is unlikely to be able to afford both Weber and Suter so now is the time to get as much a return as possible for Weber. Getting a very good goaltending prospect, a young, very talented, complete pack defenseman in Edler and a plethora of picks is a helluva return.

Why does Pittsburgh do this: Staal is too classy to go to the media but rumors dont come from nowhere. Staal wants to be a top 6 guy and he has the skill to be. Pittsburgh has far too much money in their top 3 centers and this move gets some of the talent to the winger positions. They also upgrade in goal and move up in the draft.

Why does Vancouver do this? Weber. Enough said. The price tag will be painful but its the best defenseman in the league to you gotta pay. Johnson is a very good back up and will look good behind either Schneider or Luongo.

It is outrageous but in pure value, I think its quite fair.

Yeah for too much time on my hands!

Well it's certainly outrageous, I agree with you there.

What's the point of including Pitt? A massive three team deal like this has never happened in the history of the NHL.

Why not just do:

Weber

For

Edler, Raymond, Sauve, 1st

Something like that is much more reasonable.

I'd do it from Canucks perspective, I'm not sure if Nashville feels they would be getting enough for the best dman in the league and a potential gamebreaking explosive forward, also a near-future #1 Goalie. If they wanted to trade Weber, Radulov and Lindback, I bet they could get more with 3 seperate trades.

Or we could simplify it into 2 separate trades:

To Pitt:

Lindback

Radulov

Conditional Pick (based on when/if Radulov returns/signs)

To Nash:

J. Staal

---------------------

To Van:

Weber

To Nash:

Edler

Raymond

Lack

1st

2nd

Essentially the same thing, just easier to comprehend. B)

Or we could simplify it into 2 separate trades:

To Pitt:

Lindback

Radulov

Conditional Pick (based on when/if Radulov returns/signs)

To Nash:

J. Staal

---------------------

To Van:

Weber

To Nash:

Edler

Raymond

Lack

1st

2nd

Essentially the same thing, just easier to comprehend. B)

emmm no, first of all why would pittsburg do the trade? secondly, either luongo or schneider is going to be trade this summer, that means lack will be our back up so why should we trade lack. Also, you guys keep complaining about no solid prospect in the Canucks system or no Canucks prospect play in world junior like that, trading alway picks certainly would not help that situation. Shea Weber is a great player but why should trade him if we have a chance to sign him as a UFA next year?

emmm no, first of all why would pittsburg do the trade? secondly, either luongo or schneider is going to be trade this summer, that means lack will be our back up so why should we trade lack. Also, you guys keep complaining about no solid prospect in the Canucks system or no Canucks prospect play in world junior like that, trading alway picks certainly would not help that situation. Shea Weber is a great player but why should trade him if we have a chance to sign him as a UFA next year?

radulov will probably go back to russia, so i cant see anyone taking him on unless thers a guarentee hes staying in the NHL. as for weber, i could only see him landing here july 1 2013 when hes a UFA.

Why on earth would Pittsburgh do this?

Stupid idea.

Stall is a very good and valuable player in case you haven't noticed.

While we're at it, since we already have Schnieder why don't we trade Luongo for the rights to Brad Stuart?

Archived