The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malkin, The Best Player In The World.

Just saw the game Sweden-Russia-game a few hours ago. And man! Malkin was so good! The Russians ended up winning like 7-3, after being down 1-3. Malkin scored four goals and added two assists! That's 6/7 of the Russian goals! And he was on the ice for the seventh...

The things he does don't necessarily look too hard, I was watching it with some of my Swedish friends, and they didn't notice Malkin untill I started going on about how great a player he is... (one of them said "so, is that guy (Malkin) gonna be playing in the NHL anytime soon?")

But what a player he is, Malkin. His quick shot, absolutely zero release time, he always manages to find someone with a pass, and he skates real well too. I get the sense that the other Russians are more confident when he's on the ice, I mean, they play better just KNOWING that Malkin is out there.

This morning we had this Swedish newspaper break down the game against Russia, they started off with goalies: 1-0 to Russia (Varlamov > Victor Fasth) and then moved on to like defencemen, leadership and so on. But when they got to "superstar" I laughed; they stated that although Malkin is a great player, Henrik Zetterberg is just a little bit better, think that they said something like "Malkin doesn't usually step up during big games". I was like "come on! 'doesn't step up in big games?!' he's won a god damn Conn Smythe!" he also just came of a 50-goal (second in the NHL) and 100 point season, will most defineny win the Heart and the Person award, so saying that ANYONE who isn't like Sidney Crosby is better than him is just plain wrong.

This is basicly was pretty pointless thread where I pointed out that the media outside North America doesn't know squat about the best players in the world, and that Malkin single handedly beat a team Sweden where more that half of the players are NHLers.

Malkin > God, at least for now.

Over the past few years the best player in the world title has gone from one player to the next just like the best team in the NHL title has. No question Malkin is the best player in the world over the past year. Crosby was the best player in the world for 41 games prior to his original concussion. OV was the best player in the world prior to Crosby's 41 games.

The thing about OV is he dominates physically along with scoring. OV is probably the most punishing hitter in the game right now. He hits anyone and everyone including Zdeno Chara. Malkin is not as physical and Crosby rarely ever hits.

As evidenced by this year's Art Ross trophy and the coming Hart trophy Malkin is the best player right now.

Youngest player to hit 100 ponits.

Youngest captain to win a STanley cup

Youngest player to win the Art Ross Trophy

Youngest player to get 200 points.

Has won a rocket Richard

I think haters can't stand him. Maybe they are jealous? I"m really not sure why they hate him. They say he "whines" hell Iginla has been whinning like that for years, I guess it's an excuse they use on him.

Malkin scored another hat trick today vs Finland to help Russia in advancing to the Finals vs Slovakia.

Right now and over this past year Malkin is the best player in the world. There is no doubt, he will win the Hart Trophy, he's won the Art Ross and he will win the Tournament MVP at the World Champoinships. Thats about as good as it gets in hockey.

Guest BuckFoston

Actually they won, like, 6-2. But, like, close enough.

Malkin is great, but it would have been nice if he showed the same kind of effort in the playoffs. So either he is having an easy ride in World's or he really didn't care that much about the Cup this year.

As for Crosby, by his stats he is indeed the best player in the world and his achievements are unparalleled. That doesn't mean he has a great personality and is a good sport off the ice. That's where I don't like him and probably a lot of people too. I mean when he said he didn't like anyone on the Flyers team I didn't realize we were back in 3rd grade. Captain or not, he has plenty of playoff experience to avoid making dumb whiny comments like that. He is always chasing around referees begging for penalties, he goes down pretty easy too. He walks around calling everyone else a wussy with a p, but when the time comes to drop the gloves he either backs off or loses the scrum. Yeah, other players may do it too and I don't like those guys either. I think that's a valid reason not to like someone. But, of course, those who just say he sucks as a player are full of horse manure.

Malkin is great, but it would have been nice if he showed the same kind of effort in the playoffs. So either he is having an easy ride in World's or he really didn't care that much about the Cup this year.

As for Crosby, by his stats he is indeed the best player in the world and his achievements are unparalleled. That doesn't mean he has a great personality and is a good sport off the ice. That's where I don't like him and probably a lot of people too. I mean when he said he didn't like anyone on the Flyers team I didn't realize we were back in 3rd grade. Captain or not, he has plenty of playoff experience to avoid making dumb whiny comments like that. He is always chasing around referees begging for penalties, he goes down pretty easy too. He walks around calling everyone else a wussy with a p, but when the time comes to drop the gloves he either backs off or loses the scrum. Yeah, other players may do it too and I don't like those guys either. I think that's a valid reason not to like someone. But, of course, those who just say he sucks as a player are full of horse manure.

Archived