The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Bigger 3Rd Line Centre?

With Manny suffering his eye injury and not being the same since, and the possibility of Pahlsonn not coming back, why not go after a younger, stronger centre to fill that roll?

With Schroeder's size being more suitable for the wing anyways, here's what I'm proposing.

To FLA:

Jannik Hansen

To VAN:

Shawn Matthias

This gives Florida a very good role player while giving us some more size in our bottom 6 as well as opening up a roster spot for Kassian and Jensen.

Without discussing top 6 trades, our bottom 6 could look like this.

Higgins-Matthias-Jensen

Bitz-Lapierre-Kassian

Just a thought

The above question has a point, and otherwise no thanks.

Schroeder has been tried on the wing with the Wolves this year but didn't do that well. They moved him back to center and his play improved and he's been quite good there.

If we're wanting a bigger third line center, maybe try a deal for Brandon Sutter? I know he's loved in Carolina, but realistically he is only ever going to be a third line center. Carolina needs offensive players and someone to play with Staal.

Maybe something around Booth+ for Sutter?

Fringe NHLers/prospects that were never given a chance like Colborne and Dustin Jeffrey could come extremely cheap and have a big impact. Those are low risk/high reward moves.

If we're wanting a bigger third line center, maybe try a deal for Brandon Sutter? I know he's loved in Carolina, but realistically he is only ever going to be a third line center. Carolina needs offensive players and someone to play with Staal.

Maybe something around Booth+ for Sutter?

Fringe NHLers/prospects that were never given a chance like Colborne and Dustin Jeffrey could come extremely cheap and have a big impact. Those are low risk/high reward moves.

Archived