The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trading Ryan Kesler

there has been debate ever since we got bounced in the first round as to whether you keep ryan kesler or trade him.

although kesler is loved by many, i don't think we can win with him as our second line center.

yes, he had a great series against nashville last year. where was he other than that? in the first round he was a no show. in the third round he was a no show as well. i will excuse the finals because he was injured by then.

this year he came back early and played with an injury all year. health is becoming an issue with this guy. not only that, he is a former 40 goal scorer yet only has 10 goals in 53 career playoff games.

he doesn't have a NMC right now and before july 1st would be a prime time to move him, so i am proposing a trade to the new york rangers.

to the rangers: ryan kesler, 1st round pick 2012

to the canucks: marc staal and derek stepan

staal is a top pairing shutdown dman that plays big minutes. he is young and is starting to develop an offensive game as well. as for stepan, he is a 21 year old sophomore who has scored 45 and 51 points respectively in his first two years in the NHL.

Kesler played quite a bit of this year injured. If it had, for the last 3 years, been the way this year went - without any injuries - then is when I would suggest a change of scenery for Mr. Kesler.

However, one thing that I do hope stops is this diving, whining, and being a d-bag act that Kess showed us during the playoffs; this kind of behavior is intolerable and must go!

Wishing Kess' a successful recovery in the off-season, and I hope that he will continue to be the player that we saw last year this coming year.

P.S. I don't think that's a fair trade for NY considering that Staal is one of their best D and Stephan is blossoming into a top 6 forward - Basically they would be trading two very solid players for a player that had a rough season and a draft pick that isn't that exceptional.

Guest AriGold

Richards - Dubinsky are there 1 and 2 centers. Dubinsky isnt that far off what Kesler could be.

NYR Laughs..

for your information i have never been too big on kesler. i think he is overrated and everyone judges him on one fluke year.

i am surprised at the responses my proposal has received. clearly you people do not watch any other hockey except canucks hockey.

you sir clearly watched too few canucks games.

If you have never been big on kesler why didn't you propose this when he scored 40 goals and won the selke?

Kesler is a great second line center and a Canucks team without Kesler will be very easy to play against. Kesler is the type of sand paper player we need. He checks hard and plays hard. By trading away Kesler we just down graded our second line significantly.

It is true that we need to upgrade our defense, however that should come at the cause of losing our second line offense.

Let me just ask you do you think Stepan can shut down toews in a 7 game series and carry the team through the Nashville series?

Can people honestly stop saying trade Kesler? LIKE JESUS CHRIST! What can these fans ever be happy with? It's so fracking frustrating to hear all these people, and sadly, it's not just the OP and a few people on CDC, it's like almost everyone wants this guy traded.

Are you guys nuts? Seriously! I mean, he's probably one of the most motivated, dedicated, hard working Canucks that you guys will see in HISTORY. Once he is traded ( which will never happen ), all of you will start crying, because he will light up the Canucks every time he plays us. This city just doesn't appreciate anything does it?

First it was Luongo, and now it's Kesler. Who knows it might be the Sedins next year.

Cut this BS or our Stanley Cup drought won't be considered as a drought anymore, it will be considered impossible to complete.

Don't think trading Kesler is a great idea. He had a bad season, to me it looked as if he wasn't 100% most of the time. Especially in the Playoffs. Right now I just hope his surgery is successful and comes back 100%. Doesn't matter if we're off to bad start or not or if we're in need of him.

Kesler is still a good player. If he uses good sense, he'll take his time coming back and if he has an injury he will take a few days/games off. If he does all this he will have a good rebound year.

He also needs to be a mature player and stop his diving. If he keeps diving then I would happily trade him. We want a good team that has class, and diving is not.

Archived