The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Taking Apart And Re-Building The Detroit Red Wings

There was just a post about revamping Washington. So I thought I would do the same for the Wings, seeing that they have over $20 million in cap space

Trades:

To Detroit: Rick Nash

To Columbus: Johan Franzen + Henrik Zetterberg + Kyle Quincey + 2012 2nd rounder

------------------------

To Detroit: Manny Malhotra

To Vancouver: Tomas Holmstrom's rights +

Tomas Tatar or Tomas Jurco (or any pick)

---------------------------

To Edmonton: Jonathan Ericsson

To Detroit: MPS

On to the signings: (with all the cap space they have there's gonna be a lot)

Zach Parise: 3 years @ $6.5 million annually

Ryan Suter: 6 years @ $6.8 million annually

Alex Semin: 2 years @ $10 million = $5 million annually

Paul Gaustad: 1 year @ $2 million

Michael Rosival: 1 year @ $1 million

Tomas Vokoun: 2 years @ $3 million = $1.5 million annually

Travis Moen: 2 years @ $3 million = $1.5 million annually

Red Wings 2012-13 line up:

Zach Parise - Pavel Datsyuk - Rick Nash

Alex Semin - Darren Helm - Magnus Paajarvi

Travis Moen - Manny Malhotra - Danny Cleary

Tomas Tatar - Paul Gaustad - ????

Nick Lidstrom - Ryan Suter

Niklas Kronwall - Brad Stuart

Michael Rosival - Brendan Smith

Jimmy Howard

Tomas Vokoun

EDIT: Just fixed it. Give me a :picard: for forgetting Kronwall.

1) Overpayment for Rick Nash I think, Fransen + Zetterberg both are A+ players

2) Malhotra for Holmstrom + a promising prospect? Detroit slaps you in the face.

3) Who is MPS ?????

4) Signing that many UFAs... never will happen... UFAs generally cost more to sign, aka Semin 6m+, Parise / Suter 6m+, Gaustad prob will get 3m - 4m on the UFA market.

Either way the whole thing is just no to me...

they need to re-boot that franchise because they are just getting too old...lidstom isnt a machine and he is starting to wear down.

holmstrom should retire...they are gonna lose stuart...lidstrom is in limbo...they are really gonna get shaken up and thats best for them

franzen-datsyuk-bertuzzi

filppula-zetterberg-hudler(UFA)

abdelkader-helm-cleary

miller-emmerton-eaves

could be upgraded

xxxxx-white

kronwall-xxxxx

ericsson-quincey

kindl

they need one top 9 forward, a reliable 4th line center, and two top four defensemen......get in line <_<

if i was a betting man, i have suter landing in detroit....just a hunch or atleast in my top 3 likely destinations for him

Holy overpayment for Rick Nash Batman...the BJs would be overjoyed to get that return for him.

As would MG for Malhotra, if he'd even agree to leave.

The Wings' power in the upcoming UFA stakes terrifies me though - Suter and Parise will take good, long looks at Detroit. And for good reason.

Not sure I'd even trade Franzen for Nash, let alone Johan, Hank Z, Quincey and 2nd; The Mule's proven in the playoffs, and he's worth his salary whereas I doubt Nash would be without strong play-making

Off-topic (on topic with Nash):

I think it's beside the point now with Semin wanting to test free agency but would it be realistic for there to have been interest in Nash+ for Semin+ trade? Nash wanted out as well

Was thinking

Semin, Neuvirth, Marcus Johansson for Nash, 2nd?

Swap two big contracts, both of which want to have fresh starts elsewhere; Jackets get their starter (possibly supplanted by Holtby and the re-signed Vokoun), an elite (albeit sometimes lazy) sniper and an emerging young play maker with speed and talent (of which the Caps still have Perreault) to kick start their rebuild; Nash gives the Caps another big, powerful, talented winger who can probably line up on Backstrom's other side or with Laich and give them two terrifying lines to help with the playoff style that they want to play

Archived