The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows Lights It Up After Concussion.

Sneetch

Guest Dasein

Goes to the front of the net with the puck or with his stick along the ice.

He knows how to play the game - simple yet effective.

Burr is an underrated, hardworking skilled player. at least now other players get to know him better and appreciate his game after playing with him at the worlds. sucks though that they lost. now what to do, canucks fans? eliminated from the playoffs and world championship? nothing. what a long 5 months.

I wonder if he'll get a serious look for the Olympics??

I know we have quite a few guys that are considered better players than him but you can't argue those 4th line numbers and his ability to come up big when you need him. The other thing is his penalty killing ability, I don't think there's too many better penalty killers from Canada either. Hopefully that can get him sons consideration aswell.

What do you guys think?.. Am I just a Canuck homer or would you consider him for the Olympic 4th line?

I wonder if he'll get a serious look for the Olympics??

I know we have quite a few guys that are considered better players than him but you can't argue those 4th line numbers and his ability to come up big when you need him. The other thing is his penalty killing ability, I don't think there's too many better penalty killers from Canada either. Hopefully that can get him sons consideration aswell.

What do you guys think?.. Am I just a Canuck homer or would you consider him for the Olympic 4th line?

He was looked at for 2010. I remember reading something somewhere about that. Based on his performance in the WHC, I will not be surprised if he is considered for a 4th line role. He is gritty, he kills penalties, and obviously he is clutch. We will see.

we are lucky to have him. I mean sure he has had his incidents like the hair pulling, biting finger, the odd dive here and there. But for the price he gets paid and what he brings he is easily worth every penny and more...

Found this on another thread of Burr on Team Canada.Stevie Y's comments on him...

“We’ve got a relatively long list of players that, once the season is over, we’ll sit down and discuss which guys out of that group we’ll bring to Vancouver (for the 2010 Games). And Alex’s play this season has certainly merited – he’s earned the right for us to watch him very closely. He’s obviously someone I’ve taken note of with his play. The offensive production has increased this year to add to his play as a strong defensive guy and he’s certainly someone I’m watching very closely. We’ll see and we’ll get a chance to watch Vancouver into the playoffs and see how they perform – but absolutely, he’s a guy that we have to keep an eye on.”

Archived