The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Offseason.

We need to get a playmaking winger (Parenteau), a young two-way centre (Colborne/Helm), a top-4 D (Garrison), and a grinder who can score (Abdelkader).

Re-sign Schneider to a 3 year @ 3.75 per.

Sign Parenteau to a 4 year @ 4.175 per.

Sign Garrison to a 4 year @ 3.575 per.

Sign Vokoun to a 1 year @ 2.95 per ***

Trade Luongo + Ballard to Toronto for Colborne + Franson

Trade Raymond + Rodin + Malholtra + Schroeder for Abdelkader + Kindl + Pyett + 3rd

With the guarantee of 35 games.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Parenteau

Abdelkader-Colborne-Higgins

Kassian-Lapierre-Hansen

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Franson-Tanev

Kindl

Schneider

Vokoun

ehhhhh?

I'm not quite sure of the Detroit deal, are we overpaying or underpaying.

i think parenteau is overrated. he had a successful year because he played with taveres. i dont think he deserves that money if he was with another linemate he probably wouldnt have done so well

I'd rather keep Schroeder. We're gonna need good offensive prospects to take over once the Sedins get older and we don't have much high-end talent at the center position after Schroeder.

I just don't see Detroit making that trade. Kindl and Abdelkader are guys that they have taken the time to develop and will have solidified roles for years to come. If either of them are available (Kindl being the more likely of the two), I would love to acquire either of them.

I think Parenteau will be a bust at that contract. He might be a pass first player but I doubt he has the muscle to be a playoff type guy. He was getting extra ice time in NYI and it's not like he managed to help them win many games.

If Vokoun is willing to sign as a backup goalie he would be a good one but I doubt that as well.

Colborne and Franson are interesting acquisitions. They could definitely be interesting pieces in a Luongo deal if Burke isn't willing to move Schenn/Gardiner/5th overall.

I just don't see Detroit making that trade. Kindl and Abdelkader are guys that they have taken the time to develop and will have solidified roles for years to come. If either of them are available (Kindl being the more likely of the two), I would love to acquire either of them.

I think Parenteau will be a bust at that contract. He might be a pass first player but I doubt he has the muscle to be a playoff type guy. He was getting extra ice time in NYI and it's not like he managed to help them win many games.

If Vokoun is willing to sign as a backup goalie he would be a good one but I doubt that as well.

Colborne and Franson are interesting acquisitions. They could definitely be interesting pieces in a Luongo deal if Burke isn't willing to move Schenn/Gardiner/5th overall.

Archived