The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bryan Allen Will Test Free Agency

That also is a stellar blueline, with the exception of Edler. He's not a top defenseman in my mind. Dan Hamhuis is leagues ahead of Edler. I'd switch Edler to play with Garrison.

Edler will look like a carebear to Suter after playing with a beast like Weber. Why not him?

Hamhuis-Weber

Ballard-Bieksa

Allen-Tanev

Try getting through that shizzle.

That also is a stellar blueline, with the exception of Edler. He's not a top defenseman in my mind. Dan Hamhuis is leagues ahead of Edler. I'd switch Edler to play with Garrison.

Edler will look like a carebear to Suter after playing with a beast like Weber. Why not him?

Hamhuis-Weber

Ballard-Bieksa

Allen-Tanev

Try getting through that shizzle.

This is where you are wrong. The way our team is built, we need 4 puck moving D-men in our top 4. We need mobile defenseman that have the ability to make great first passes, be able to qb a PP and be responsible in the defensive zone. We need a 2 way d-man to replace Salo. The fact that we lost Ehrhoff really impacted our PP and caused Hamhuis and Bieksa to shoulder the load and in turn be worse defensively. Garrison is what this team needs, not a slow defender like Allen that doesn't have any offense. If our team played like the Kings, I would agree with you about getting Allen but we need a big mobile defenseman. Too bad we can't get Weber right now, he would be the perfect player on this team.

I'd prefer Garrison over Allen he's younger and more well rounded but still a bit unproven. I wouldnt mind if Gillis signed Allen or even managed to sign both which maybe unlikely with Gillis wanting to keep a spot free for Weber next year. If he did sign Allen it would balance out the D and give some nastiness and size, we only really have Alberts and he's not in Allens league. We've needed a big crease clearing Dman for awhile now, cheaper options would be Carkner, Bickel, Brookbank and Jurcina off the top of my head,

Would be a great addition to our team.

I think as long as Ballard's here we take him on 1-year deal worth 3.25-3..5 million

If the team decides to trade Ballard then I think it can become a longer term contract

Garrison would be a great acquisition too but my hopes are for Luongo to be traded for a young defenseman with promise

improve his beer league shot and THEN he can be in the lineup fulltime.

Just cause he has "paid his dues" doesnt mean hes good enough or that we shouldnt get someone better.

B Allen all day

I'd prefer Garrison over Allen he's younger and more well rounded but still a bit unproven. I wouldnt mind if Gillis signed Allen or even managed to sign both which maybe unlikely with Gillis wanting to keep a spot free for Weber next year. If he did sign Allen it would balance out the D and give some nastiness and size, we only really have Alberts and he's not in Allens league. We've needed a big crease clearing Dman for awhile now, cheaper options would be Carkner, Bickel, Brookbank and Jurcina off the top of my head,

Allen currently has proven more than Garrison, who only has one year of success. That doesn't mean Garrison won't be more valuable, but just that he isn't quite yet. The only thing Garrison is an outright improvement on over Allen at this point is offence.

Archived