The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Foligno If You Could Do It Over Again?

Italia2006

So just settle for Kassian? Hodgson is going to be a star in the league and so will Foligno. It blows my mind how we just gave away Hodgson and didn't get the max value for him. Gillis won the fight but lost the war with Hodgson.

I prefer Kassian over Foligno because of the potential Kassian has to develop into a key power forward for the Canucks. I am still trying to understand the reasoning behind this claim that Hodgons is going to be a 'star' in the NHL. Says who? He had one good season with one of the best teams in the NHL. How did he do in Buffalo? Three goals and a couple assists? That's on the second line with plenty of ice time. Clearly this is not evidence that Hodgson is going to be a 'star.'

I prefer Kassian over Foligno because of the potential Kassian has to develop into a key power forward for the Canucks. I am still trying to understand the reasoning behind this claim that Hodgons is going to be a 'star' in the NHL. Says who? He had one good season with one of the best teams in the NHL. How did he do in Buffalo? Three goals and a couple assists? That's on the second line with plenty of ice time. Clearly this is not evidence that Hodgson is going to be a 'star.'

I personally think that we won't be able to call a trade winner for a couple more seasons. Sorry, but it is pretty up in the air until their careers actually take shape. Maybe after 200 NHL games played?

Some people just don't understand. Kassian is gonna be a physical force once he continues to develop over the years. People will realize why we did this trade when he's putting up 60+ points consistently and destroying guys. We need legitimate toughness on our team and we sorely lack the killer instinct that he brings.

Archived