The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Solidifying The Canucks

With Bryan Allen saying he would like to test free agency, I thought I would make a few moves that would solidify this roster:

Trades:

To Vancouver: Joe Colbourne + 2012 1st (TO)

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo

--------------------------------

To Vancouver: Guillame Latendresse

To Minnesota: Bill Sweatt + Keith Ballard

--------------------------

To Vancouver: Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh: David Booth + Kevin Bieksa (if he

waives) + Manny Malhotra + Guillame Latendresse

-----------------------------------

To Nashville: Mason Raymond + Anton Rodin +

2012 2nd rounder

To Vancouver: Alexander Radulov

Signings:

Alexander Radulov: 2 years @ $10 million = $5

million per

Jakub Voracek: 4 years @ $20 million = 1st and 3rd round pick compensation

Bryan Allen: 1 year @ $3.5 million (Connauton comes in for 2013-14)

Ryan Suter: 8 years @ $56 million ($7 million per)

Jason Garrison: 3 years @ $4.5 million per

With the Leafs' pick we draft Morgan Reilly. Then let him develop for a year. With our pick we take either Tanner Pearson, Martin Frk or Colton Sissons

Canucks 2012-13 line up:

Sedin (6.1) - Sedin (6.1) - Kesler (5)

Voracek (5) - Staal (4) - Radulov (5)

Burrows (2) - Schroeder (1) - Higgins (1.9)

Kassian (.870) - Lapierre (1) - Hansen (1.3)

Forwards = $39,295,000

Edler (3.25) - Suter (7)

Hamhuis (4.5) - Garrison (4.5)

Tanev (.900) - Allen (3.5)

Defense = $23,650,000

Schneider (3.5)

Lack (.900)

Goalies = $4,400,000

Total salary cap: $67,345,000/$69,000,000

Thoughts?

Would love to have Staal, but you are planning on shuffling Kesler to the wing to make room?

The only way I would like to see Radulov playing in Vancouver is as the opponent. He's barely a step above Yashin. Sure he's got talent, but he's not the type of person you want on your team.

And unless I missed something in your roster, you never traded Luongo. So where did his salary go?

And... it only looks like you have a 20 man roster there. I believe you need to be paying with 23.

Would love to have Staal, but you are planning on shuffling Kesler to the wing to make room?

The only way I would like to see Radulov playing in Vancouver is as the opponent. He's barely a

step above Yashin. Sure he's got talent, but he's not the type of person you want on your team.

And unless I missed something in your roster,

you never traded Luongo. So where did his salary go?

And... it only looks like you have a 20 man

roster there. I believe you need to be paying with 23.

HAHA, Burke has said that he wouldn't trade the pick for a Goalie, and you want them to add one of their best propsects, for a choker with the worst contract in the NHL? :lol::lol: . Good luck with that, the most you'd get is Komisarek + 4th

HAHA, Burke has said that he wouldn't trade the pick for a Goalie, and you want them to add one of their best propsects, for a choker with the worst contract in the NHL? :lol::lol: . Good luck with that, the most you'd get is Komisarek + 4th

If the laffs want James Reimer and Ben Scrivens as their tandem, they can go right ahead and do so.

And if you think Luongo, who is one of the best goalies in the league, can only get a 6th-7th d man who is grossly over paid and a pick that won't do anything to help us to win a cup is a joke. You're basically trading Luongo for free. And only a Luongo hater would want to give Roberto up for nothing :picard:

Luongo is not one of the best goalies in the league, he is an overpaid Choker who is A ******* CAP DUMP. Luongo for Komisarek, would be fair Cap dump for Cap dump. I wouldn't call them the laffs... they have 11 more

cups than we ever will..

Solidifying is to make one bold move(whether it be a signee or trade) or perhaps two semi-smaller moves(depth signings and finishing touches)

What you have going right now is a total re-haul on the 2nd line, bottom 6 and defence.

Canucks might sign Garrsion but it's going to be for a lot more.

Solidifying is to make one bold move(whether it be a signee or trade) or perhaps two semi-smaller moves(depth signings and finishing touches)

What you have going right now is a total re-haul on the 2nd line, bottom 6 and defence.

Canucks might sign Garrsion but it's going to be

for a lot more.

Archived