To NYI:

Cory Schnieder

Keith Ballard

Andrew Alberts

To Van:

Ryan Strome

NYI 2012 1st Round Pick

NYI 2012 3rd Round Pick

The Islanders gets depth to thier defense, and a franchise goalie they desperately need.

Canucks get a top prospect in Strome, and a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft aswell as a 3rd round pick.

Sign:

Jason Garrison 10.5mil for 3 years; 3.5mil/year

Kristian Huselius 8mil for 2 years; 4mil/year

Sheldon Brookbank 3.75mil for 3 years; 1.25mil/year

Brandon Prust 4.5mil for 3 years; 1.5mil/year

Martin Biron 800k for 1 year; 800k/year

Re-Sign:

Aaron Rome 800k for 1 year; 800k/year

MA Gragnani 2mil for 2 years; 1mil/year

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Kristian Huselius ($4.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Ryan Strome ($1.744m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Brandon Prust ($1.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.500m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($3.500m)

Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Aaron Rome ($0.800m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Martin Biron ($0.800m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $69,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,877,500; BONUSES: $850,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,522,500

1st line- High power 1st line

2nd line- Booth and Kesler get thier playmaker, should be more like a 1B

3rd line- Gritty, 2 way line. Very responsible.

4th line- Tough, physical, and hard to play against, but still responsible.

D: Lots of depth and more size.

PP1:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Edler-Garrison

PP2:

Booth-Strome-Huselius

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Draft Murray, Grigerenko, or Forsberg with the NYI pick.

not sure NYI would accept that deal. also wouldnt risk signing huselius, he played two game last year. wouldnt mind dorsett though. not sure we need brookbank, salo should return this year. prust would be good, he's probably my favourite fighter in the NHL

I don't like that Prust contract, you should just carry over the .500M to Garrison's contract (to make it 4M). I don't know if I like Strome in that 3rd line role just yet (he's a great young player and would love to have him as he could surpass Kesler in the future.), but I wouldn't pass on that trade. I give you props for not being entirely unrealistic.

I don't like that Prust contract, you should just carry over the .500M to Garrison's contract (to make it 4M). I don't know if I like Strome in that 3rd line role just yet (he's a great young player and would love to have him as he could surpass Kesler in the future.), but I wouldn't pass on that trade. I give you props for not being entirely unrealistic.

not sure NYI would accept that deal. also wouldnt risk signing huselius, he played two game last year. wouldnt mind dorsett though. not sure we need brookbank, salo should return this year. prust would be good, he's probably my favourite fighter in the NHL

I'd do it. But NYI wouldn't, we'd have to throw something else in instead of Ballard, cause that's not enough.

Also we'd have to take a goalie in return and I don't want Dipietro but I wouldn't mind Montoya.

Bottomline, NYI doesn't need goalies. With Nabokov, Dipietro and Montoya.

I'd do it. But NYI wouldn't, we'd have to throw something else in instead of Ballard, cause that's not enough.

Also we'd have to take a goalie in return and I don't want Dipietro but I wouldn't mind Montoya.

Bottomline, NYI doesn't need goalies. With Nabokov, Dipietro and Montoya.

Its Schnieder for Strome+ 1st and Ballard+Alberts for 3rd.

I really doubt that Dipietro gets healthy all of a sudden and plays well. Montoya is just a backup, and I don't think Nabokov is good enough to help get the job done. A goalie Duo of Schnieder and Nabokov could be fantastic for them. Montoya will be starting in the minors, while Dipietro is sitting at home on the couch. :P

Schneider for Strome + a 4 overall pick...

Do you not see how BIG of an overpayment that is for NYI. The 4th overall pick for Schneider is enough and even that's pushing it, we should be throwing in something.

This is essentially Schneider, Ballard, Alberts for the 2011 5th Overall, 2012 4th Overall, and 2012 3rd rounder.

There is NO way NYI gives up that for that package.

Maybe, MAYBE we could do swing something like Schneider + Ballard, Schneider + Tanev, Schneider + 1st, for their 2012 1st... But I highly doubt it.

Alot of NYI fans are really high on their young goalies (Poulin, Koskinen) and want absolutely no part of Schneider. They'd rather build a goalie from within.

BUT, there comes a time when a team needs to start putting a winning product on the ice, and I really feel that NY is at that stage right now. You can only be awful for so long. It might be time for them to start making some gutsy moves.

Archived