The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Ryan Kesler Unhappy?

We could be looking at a developing story in Vancouver.

Recently in Alain Vigneault's press conference, he made some comments about Kesler's play.

Quote: “Obviously, Ryan had a shoulder issue and the decision was made at the end of the season to operate on that shoulder,” said Vigneault. “That being said, though, that was not, in our mind, the reason for his diminished production.

“I'm sure if you were to ask him, the injury wasn't the reason his production fell. His rehab and the way he stayed on top of that permitted him to play at the pace he was used to playing but for whatever reason, his performance slipped this year. We've got to get on top of that and we've got to get him back to where he was before that.” Now, today, we get some very pointed comments from Kesler's agent

Quote: [Kurt]Overhardt told The Province on Thursday: “I am not a doctor, I'm a lawyer, but after having conversations with the player and with the club, anyone who thinks this injury did not affect his play must have fallen off a turnip truck.” http://www.theprovince.com/touch/spo...tml?rel=837260

So, can Vigneault and Kesler co-exist? Will Kesler want out? What's his worth?

Topic from HFBoards

We could be looking at a developing story in Vancouver.

Recently in Alain Vigneault's press conference, he made some comments about Kesler's play.

Quote: “Obviously, Ryan had a shoulder issue and the decision was made at the end of the season to operate on that shoulder,” said Vigneault. “That being said, though, that was not, in our mind, the reason for his diminished production.

“I'm sure if you were to ask him, the injury wasn't the reason his production fell. His rehab and the way he stayed on top of that permitted him to play at the pace he was used to playing but for whatever reason, his performance slipped this year. We've got to get on top of that and we've got to get him back to where he was before that.” Now, today, we get some very pointed comments from Kesler's agent

Quote: [Kurt]Overhardt told The Province on Thursday: “I am not a doctor, I'm a lawyer, but after having conversations with the player and with the club, anyone who thinks this injury did not affect his play must have fallen off a turnip truck.” http://www.theprovin....tml?rel=837260

So, can Vigneault and Kesler co-exist? Will Kesler want out? What's his worth?

Topic from HFBoards

Guest Dasein

Would you be happy if you were an all-star who scored 41 goals then followed that up with a 22 goal effort?

I'd be more concerned if Ryan Kesler was happy. AV stated the obvious - excuses are excuses and it shouldn't be the reason for a professional athelete as to why your production is down. Kesler would never made such excuses, and he said that himself after the playoffs. So yes, Kesler and AV can co-exist.

It's his agent that just wants to keep his asset's value as high as he can so he can make more money.

WTH is wrong with some of you??? I swear Botchford et al have monkeys on this board digging or stirring crap up. But, hey, I heard Kesler's dog is real unhappy.....I do I know this, same way ya'all know how the players, management, and owners feel :rolleyes:

Alexander-the-Mind-Reader-204x300.jpg

I don't know what the big deal is the coach saying his play dipped,its the truth I dont know when abouts Kesler got injuried and I am sure he wasn't injuried all year.I am not a kesler fan and really don't mind what V said.Kesler has had one or maybe two good years I don't see this guy been much more then a third line Center from here onwards.His not a second line center because second line center's don't cry like a little biyach(when the coach says to pass the puck more) and they produce.Thats why I won't mind seen him go for the amount of playing time he gets his not worth it.Ya i know his got a bunch of fans blah blah.He had a one season were he produced like a second line center period.With his agent coming out today it shows his agent is an idiot too.V was absolutly right, if your injuried don't play just like how Bieksa took time off during the end of the regular season.

It's only a story because the media like to go Chuck Norris on dead horses and turn minor issues into forest fires. They will kiss and make up when Kesler is ready to play.

The medical staff makes the call if a player should be playing or not, Kesler is the kind of guy that will battle through injuries but obviously I think he needs to take a more cautious approach and heal 95-100 percent before coming back.

He himself at the post playoff interview said he had a dissapointing year and didn't want to use the injuries as an excuse. Furthermore he also said that he thinks AV is a great coach and that he gets along with him.

Archived