The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] The Forgotten: Brad Boyes

This guy is a point producer. He has proven to put up the goals but isn't necessarily a shoot first kind of guy. He simple makes plays and I think he can be a good fit on a line with Higgins/Booth and Kesler.

Higgins/Booth-Kesler-Boyes

While Kesler is out:

Higgins/Booth-Boyes/Schroeder-Schroeder-/Hansen

He can also bring an offensive center to our 2nd unit powerplay as well which we didn't have during the season

Booth-Boyes-Burrows ?

This year he struggled producing points on a Buffalo team that had a terrible first half. He saw himself centering the 4th line and moving up every once in a while.

Brad is a UFA this July and I think he will be earning less than his 4 million.

I think he can be low risk high reward type of player for us at a one-year deal worth 2.75-3 million

Much like what MG thought he would get with Sturm but I think Boyes has much more promise.

Honestly, I was about to post this. Boyes is a pretty big guy at 6 foot 1 and about 200lbs. I think he can actually be perfect with The Sedins.

Sedin-Sedin-Boyes

Parise-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Pinizotto-Malhotra-Kassian

He's good for the shootout, that's about it. His 20+ scoring days seem to be over.

I can't see him making more than 2M next year but who the heck knows. I sure wouldn't want him back.

Im not saying he wouldnt be a good fit but im just tired of getting the B type reclamation project players that might turn it around. Its time to get real top 6 and bottom 6 players for this team.

Archived