The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Sportsnet] Oilers Expected To Swap Picks With Columbus, Draft Ryan Murray

I don't believe this for a second. No offense to Principe but since when did he have any legit sources?

Bob Stauffer is the most credible guy in Edmonton. The only time he was ever wrong was when he said the Oilers had signed Nylander....but even Kevin Lowe had thought they signed Nylander. He's also close with Scott Howsen going back to his days as the Oilers assistant GM.

http://twitter.com/#!/bob_stauffer

Being getted tweets regarding a potential CLB-EDM flip of picks. I don't see Scott Howson having great desire to move up at this time

If Principe hears it before Stauffer...it's likely not true.

If EDM is so clear cut on drafting Murray, then there is no point in CBJ moving up one spot.

Unless EDM threatens to take Yakupov unless CBJ moves down, but that is jeopardizing their future Ina game of chicken. (However Yakupov wouldn't be a horrible consolation prize. Would allow them to trade one of their other young wingers for a Dman)

Why not offer Hall to CBJ for the 2nd? Yakupov's gonna be better than Hall, CBJ gets their young star forward without having to worry about the "Russian Factor" (not that they should be anyway, but they have had bad luck with 'em), and EDM gets their stud d-man while keeping their superstar forward core.

Well this would open up the option to trade for the first overall again for us.

Although Columbus probably makes this move because they need a number 1 star to replace Nash.

Something tells me that Edmonton is going to come out a huge winner after this though.

Archived