The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Mitchell, Happy For Him Or Sour?

six-0h-four-

Self explanatory... how would you feel if Willie won a Cup before we did?

He has been arguably their best defenseman in these playoffs, and is used in all situations.

I'm sure if he does one of the first things he'll do is send Mike Gillis a text reading "HA."

Personally I would be happy for him, was offered a laughable contract and said goodbye.

Happy for him, but obviously kinda suck just for the sake that we played quite bad against his team. Had we kept him however, there would be a chance that we would have not gone after Hamhuis who is one (if not the best) D-men we have right now. I'm happy for him, and I would be happy for LA if it weren't for a few minor things they have done the last 2 games (like Brown's hit late in game 5).

EDIT: Oh and also, us signing Mitchell would have been a bit of a gamble as he missed a big chunk of the season and there was even rumours/speculation that he wouldn't return.

Don't care. Never liked him as a Wild player, far from being my favorite player while a Canuck, and really doesn't matter to me as a King. If he gets a Cup...well, so what? So have hundreds of other guys that I have no real interest in.

It's not like he is somehow special because he's from BC. We certainly have our share of jerks - Recchi, Lucic, etc.

Couldn't be happier for him, asuming LA does go on to win it, which is pretty obvious in my opinion. Wish we could have kept him, but I understand why we didn't, at the time Gillis was probably looking at it as a high risk/high reward, and wasn't willing to risk it.

Bring the cup to the Island, Willie!

I'll be happy for him if he wins it. Seems like a class guy for the most part and a BC boy. Given our cap situation and his concussion history I think we offered him what we thought was fair. Was it? Likely not.

Mitchell also contributed to his demise in Vancouver with some locker room in-fighting and apparently a tense relationship with the coaching staff and a few teammates.

I thought we would have offered in the 2 to 2.5 range for one or two years. C'est la vie!!

I feel happy for for him, good defenseman and nice guy. The Kings won the series because they are a good team that made the necessary changes to elevate their game, definitely not an 8th seed. I know of some teams that could use a change, but apparently have decided for continuity... President's cup here we gooooooooo!

Extremely happy for him.

The Canucks abandoned him in his time of need; one of the few missteps by our normally classy organization, I'm of the opinion.

Anyway he's in LA making big money and good for him.

And time on the PP!

Big Willie is winning.

Archived