The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Low Risk & Potentially Good Reward Van-Fla Proposal.

To Van:

Mike Santorelli

To Fla:

Ryan Parent

3rd Round Pick

Make Santorelli is a player who has had and absoultely brutal season for Florida this season, 9 goals and 2 assists in 60 games, and he spent time on the 4th line and as a healthy scratch later in the season. But before that in 2010-11 he scored 20 goals and was a reliable 2nd/3rd line center for Florida.

The Idea is the bring him in as a 3rd line center, and add another winger to play with him and Hansen or whoever, we can trade Manny and maybe even Lappy, let Pahlsson go or sign him if we trade both of those, and we can finally start to build a 3rd line that has good chemistry and isn't changing from week to week. That's a huge thing we need to sort out and worst case scenerio he could be a good 4th line player who could move up and down the line-up when needed.

He is from Vancouver and a home coming may be exactly what he needs to turn it around.

If he could regain back to his 40 point season form with Florida I would love to have him on our 3rd line but otherwise he's just a 4th liner on our team and we already have Lapierre who is great at what he does.

Fair trade though but he seems to be quite valuable to Florida.

As I said, we could move Lappy, Malhotra and even let Pahlsson. We could keep Higgins on that line or trade him.

We need: a 2nd line winger, to fix our bottom 6, and then another defensemen (hopefully), if Higgins doesn't fit on the 3rd than we have all these assets to trade to get those things.

Luongo, Raymond, Manny, Lappy, Higgins, Ballard, Picks, Prospects or really anything else if we want to make a bigger move.

Why would we get rid of Lapierre, he's the best 4th line center we've had in a LONG time.

We don't need another top 6 forward, we need defense. That's our priority, I don't know if you noticed but our short coming against LA was our poor performance by the defensemen and then followed by our offense.

The root of your problems is always defense first.

Why would we get rid of Lapierre, he's the best 4th line center we've had in a LONG time. Same with Higgins?

We don't need another top 6 forward, we need defense. That's our priority, I don't know if you noticed but our short coming against LA was our poor performance by the defensemen and then followed by our offense.

The three problems we need to solve: Defense, 3rd line center, and goaltending.

The root of your problems is always defense first.

How about we trade Manny, Sign Moen, and Re-sign Pahlsson, either Trade for Santorelli or sign Gaustad (or both)

Higgins Gaustad/MS Hansen

Moen Pahlsson Lappy

Then we could either trade Higgins to help get a winger or D-man and put Santorelli on that line, or else keep him and let Pahlsson walk

Really cause I don't see goaltending as a problem it's just a task to take care of.

I agree with Librace, sign Garrison (and maybe Allen aswell but I haven't thought about him).

And yes Lappy has been good so maybe we should keep him but are bottom 6 was basically a huge game of musical chairs this past year and our 4th line has brought next to nothing for a few seasons.

I see our biggest conserns as:

1) another 2nd line player because Higgins and Raymond arent that.

2) Another 4-6 Dman (maybe 2)

3) and a retooled bottom 6, we can't win a cup without it, we need a bit of change to our 3rd, but we definetly need to figure something out on our 4th, or no cup for us.

Lappy isn't going anywhere. He is a versatile grinder with some touch. No way we give that up. Plus he could have a break out year next year.

No way we move Higgins either. Higgins is never a liability on the ice, and can contribute offensively. Versatile. Why get rid of that?

FLA has no major reason to move Santorelli. His cap hit is small and he has 1 year left before becoming an RFA. More value would have be involved from our side. i could see Raymond being intriguing FLA.

Santorelli's not big or defensively capable enough to be the two-way 3rd line center that this team really could use for the playoffs as an upgrade on Pahlsson, and with the up and down in production between last season and the season before it raises questions about his suitability of him on the 2nd to be Kes' play maker, IMO.

You can bring all the Florida team if you want.

I think what we have seen this year and last year is you need leaders on a team not only with talent but with grit , heart and leadership.

The twins might be great for the season..but in the playoffs they cannot upgrade their play to the next level..until they do we will never win anything..Plus they are both getting older.

The whole team is getting older.

We need a movement of youth..and a captain with strong leadership who can bring some fire and intensity to a team that has a lot of what it takes to win a Stanley Cup.

Don t believe Vigneault brings that intensity or fire to this team either.

Nice guys always finish last. and that is the case with 2 classy guys Vigneaut and Hank

Archived