The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck's Starting Goalie

Kev17

Starting Goalie  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they both will stay this season but if you trade one its got to be Schneider. Goaltending is not the Canucks problem, we would get nothing in return for Luongo, and a valuable piece back if we trade Schneider. Schneider may be a slightly better goalie but Luongo is good enough to win us a cup. Plus if we have another top 6 Forward or tough and offensive upsided defender from trading Snchneider than I think are chances are better than not adding those pieces and going with Schneider. And with Eddie Lack showing such great promise we would run into another situation much like this in a couple years with Lack and Schneider. Plus if Schneider is our starter as soon as he has a bad game Canucks fans will start hating him and treating him like crap like they do with Luongo. So why put another person through that when Luongo already knows how to deal with it and manages to still play at a high level. Anywayas none the less.. Keep Luongo bring up Lack get a good piece or two for Schneider and then let Luongo go once we find out that Lack is the real deal.

Dominik Hasek will be available lol, the 47 year old has said he wants to play again in the NHL.

Goalie Dominik Hasek isn’t quite ready to give up his hope of playing another season in the NHL.

The 47-year-old netminder, who didn’t play anywhere last season, has confirmed to several Czech publications he’s exploring the possibility of making a comeback to play an 18th season in the NHL.

Hasek’s last NHL season was with Detroit in 2007-08 when he teamed with Chris Osgood to win the Stanley Cup and the Jennings Trophy for fewest goals against.

Schneids - mostly because he's earned it and Luongo has had his chance. I don't know now if people playing in front of him would play the same - or if Luongo would really want to play knowing that he'd be on his way out soon if Cory is still around.

Need a little shake up too - so why not have a young goalie like Schneids start.

Can have Lack or sign a decent UFA for a backup

Mark my words - if Luongo is traded and MG leans towards Schneider, the Canucks will barely get into the playoffs. I don't even need to explain myself anymore, any of you idiots out there who think we will win anything with an unproven kid is just ignorant.

Quote me on this.

Mark my words - if Luongo is traded and MG leans towards Schneider, the Canucks will barely get into the playoffs. I don't even need to explain myself anymore, any of you idiots out there who think we will win anything with an unproven kid is just ignorant.

Quote me on this.

Quote me on this.

Archived