The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Lu For Vinny Really That Bad.........if Its The Best Offer?

Southpop45

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you want to win a cup u do it, You are aquiring one of the best centers in the Nhl he is consistent plays with a lot of heart and can produce this could pick up kesler's game.

Kesler-Sedin-Sedin

Burrows-Vinny-Booth

Hansen-Lapierre-Higgins

Kassian-Manny-Moen

These line equal a cup i love vinny and i would take him anyday.

Here's a good, simple way of thinking about it:

Would you sign Vinny to his contract as a UFA?

If not, that means you wouldn't take him, with that contract, for free. So why would you give up an asset for him? Personally I'd take him at half his cap-hit, no more.

If you would sign him as a UFA to that contract .... your crazy (in my opinion).

No. Absolutely not. And this is coming from a guy who has been pushing for Luongo to get traded for the last 2 years. Lecavalier's contract is even worse than Luongo's and he'd be an even bigger liability to the team. This would be taking one step forward and two steps back. I stand by what I said before...MG needs to be looking for a 2nd rounder in return for Lu.

If you want to win a cup u do it, You are aquiring one of the best centers in the Nhl he is consistent plays with a lot of heart and can produce this could pick up kesler's game.

Kesler-Sedin-Sedin

Burrows-Vinny-Booth

Hansen-Lapierre-Higgins

Kassian-Manny-Moen

These line equal a cup i love vinny and i would take him anyday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Vinny is of the very few players with a contract even worse than Luongo's.

If the Canucks must take on salary from Tampa, lets take on St. Louis who is still a beast at his age or even Ohlund who doesn't have much longer in his career.

Archived