The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Getting A Good Third Line And Other Moves

Hi, I really tried to think this out, much more than my last one (which I didn't really think out at all) so here it goes.

Trades:

To Cgy: Anton Rodin, 1st, 3rd

To Van: Curtis Glencross

Curtis Glencross has scored 25 goals in back to back seasons, he brings a solid package of everything, Speed, Skill, Physicality. And every thing else.

If you have doubts about Glencross, watch this video, it will show what he brings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Van: Bryan Little, Jim Slater

To Win: Keith Ballard, Chris Higgins, Raymond, 2nd

Bryan Little, will be the winger that is needed on our 2nd line, Winnipeg gets Ballard who will really help there defense core, could possibly become his former self, Higgins replaces or Raymond fills the spot in Winnipegs line-up and gives them depth up front and also they get a 2nd round pick.

Slater would be good on our forth, he's a good energy guy, a has great speed, checking, defensive play, just an energy guy, one of those guys who can provide alot in the playoffs and he can put the puck in the net when the chance is given aswell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Van: Matt Lombardi, Jake Gardiner

To Tor: Roberto Luongo, Malhotra, Grenier

Everyone seems to have different opinions on Lu's value, and now with Toronto going after Vokoun it may start to seem unlikely but I for one doubt it, Luongo is better than Vokoun and if Vokoun does go to the KHL then they will be after Roberto, Manny greatly helps there brutal PK and Grenier is a good prospect (better than people think) to add the there system.

Lombardi is a very dynamic player, brings lightning speed, prolific faceoff guy, can play solid defense and also chip in well offensively, he creates chances for his linemates with his speed and hands, he's pretty gritty for his size, can also play wing if needed on the 2nd line or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then we sign..

-Schneider at 3.5

-Garrison at.. lets say 4

and our line-up looks like this.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alexandre Burrows

David Booth - Ryan Kesler - Bryan Little

Curtis Glencross - Matthew Lombardi - Jannik Hansen

Jim Slater - Maxim Lapierre - Zack Kassian

Kevin Bieksa / Dan Hamhuis

Alexander Edler / Jason Garrison

Jake Gardiner / Chris Tanev

Cory Schneider

Eddie Lack

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,430,000

So we still have 5.4 left in Cap Space to Sign another D-man or 2 or/and a different player to play on the 4th line.

We finally get the playmaking winger for the 2nd line, we get a good 3rd line that brings Speed, Skill, Grit/Physicality, and Overall solid, reliable 2-way play, we get a young D-man in Gardiner, and we could either use Tanev, Salo or sign someone else to play with him.

Thoughts?

Glencross is their Burrows, I doubt Calgary makes a trade even if its overpayment.

Slater is an UFA and Little is better utlize as a centre .

Don't like the trade with Toronto. Lombardi is a huge risk because of concussion history and I if Toronto gives us a D-men its not Gardiner.

Clearly you didn't get the opportunity to watch many Jets games which is understandable.

Little and Wheeler are not even close to comparable hockey players. Wheeler is WAAYYYYY better. He is also by far the best playmaker on the Jets and was by far the Jets best forward all season. He is a cornerstone of the franchise and people have to realize this when making proposals for him.

With that being said, Little could be had for the right price but the offer you made just won't cut it. The Jets were already extremely thin down the middle last season and none of the assets you offered up would replace Bryan Little's offense and faceoff prowess. Oh, and we are not taking Ballard for free with that contract to play on our bottom pairing.

Counter Offer:

To Van: WPG 3rd round pick

To WPG: Mason Raymond

I like both Wheeler and Little. I depends on what the team wants. Little adds a speedy playmaker who can play both center and RW and center the second pp unit. While Wheeler adds a big body on the second line, who can make plays as well as score and can be physical. He could replace Kesler on the first pp as a net front presence and force Kesler back on the second pp.

Then you consider who's the better linemate for Kesler, the small playmaker or the bigger boy. Because Kesler's a puckhog and I dont think a playmaker actually compliments him, I'd say Wheeler would be a better fit on this team.

Whats wrong with TO deal?

Everyone has a different perception of Lu's value and this is the way I see it.

Lu > Gardiner (Slightly)

Manny < Lombardi (Slightly

And then Grenier gives them another prospect to help "refill the cupboards" and gives them a little extra to justify trading Gardiner.

I like both Wheeler and Little. I depends on what the team wants. Little adds a speedy playmaker who can play both center and RW and center the second pp unit. While Wheeler adds a big body on the second line, who can make plays as well as score and can be physical. He could replace Kesler on the first pp as a net front presence and force Kesler back on the second pp.

Then you consider who's the better linemate for Kesler, the small playmaker or the bigger boy. Because Kesler's a puckhog and I dont think a playmaker actually compliments him, I'd say Wheeler would be a better fit on this team.

I feel like Lu is worth quite a bit more than Gardiner is, and I would rather the Canucks not just "take what they can get" when it come to Lu. And the way Burke is with his young players, I don't think he would even be that willing to go for it.

On a smaller note, Grenier has practically no value, he's the equivalent of a 4th round pick.

Well I think Burke is the opposite with his young players, look at the way he traded those picks for Kessel, and also how Toronto has dished out other picks and have really tried to build a team through trades and not the draft and im sure the prospect of finally getting a goaile that is really good and can put them in the playoffs is something that would be tough to pass on for him, aswell as help out there brutal penalty killing.

Archived