The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roger Waters, What Did You All Think?

johngould21

Saw Pink Floyd in BC place on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in Dec 1987 in the bands post-Waters years. Shows how old I am. I wanted this show to kinda suck in comparison but it didnt. Floyd was huge and this was even bigger and the sound is so much better now. Really amazing sound in there.

There was the same large cloud of smelly stuff in the air both times.

Saw Pink Floyd in BC place on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in Dec 1987 in the bands post-Waters years. Shows how old I am. I wanted this show to kinda suck in comparison but it didnt. Floyd was huge and this was even bigger and the sound is so much better now. Really amazing sound in there.

There was the same large cloud of smelly stuff in the air both times.

I saw him in 07 at gm place when he did 13 or 14 Floyd tunes and after an intermission came back out and did the entire Dark side Of The Moon. Absolutely fantastic, never thought I'd hear anyone do "the Great gig in the Sky" as well as Claire Torrey,but Katy Scissons nailed it.She also does background on Roger's Amused to Death-which is an outstanding album.

I thought I'd never see a better show than that but:

2 Years ago Roger did "The Wall" in rogers arena. Simply fricking fantastic.Better than The Dark side" concert.

On Saturday I had floor seats at BC Place row 18 under the wire the plane comes down. I can die a happy man.He changed it up a bit,with diferent video clips,emphasized different words in the lyrics and even added a couple of new verses at the beginning of "Mother".

Timeless lyrics that will be valid for long after he passes on.

I was on the floor in row 7 center. The floor seats were just brutal, they packed us in like sardines. The sound was much better than before at BC Place, it's too bad they didn't open the roof as they were advertising it as an outdoor show.

BC Place really needs to learn how to get people in and out of the venue. I had tickets through VIP Nation so getting in wasn't an issue as we got in the stadium at 7 pm, but getting out was atrocious. I swear they only had like 2 exits open to get everyone out. :picard:

He was playing The Wall, not anything he has done in the last 25 years, so there goes your argument.

If the remaining members of Led Zepplin, or Queen, or the Doors came through town would you bitch that they didn't do anything good recently? You're one of those top 40 radio people, aren't you?

What is so whiney about them? Also, what music would you prefer?

I have a ton of Pink Floyd on vinyl - including a bootleg - and David Gilmour's first solo LP. One of the first live concerts I attended was Pink Floyd in Toronto long ago. Emphasis on "long ago".

I know Waters was only playing stuff from The Wall - that's my point. It's old, played out, and uninteresting. Just like a lot of classic rock. I think it's fine to listen to, appreciate, and reference; but treating it like it's some musical pinnacle or something worth going to see banged out again for the millionth time live is pathetic. He's obviously just milking for cash all the insecure suburban meatheads that (bizarrely) view his late-70's operatic music as some sort of requirement for hetero-male redneck coolness. It's weird.

"What is so whiney about them?" You can't be serious. Pay attention to the lyrics. The whole thing is one great big whinge-fest of the highest order. I mean, I like rebellion music, but Jesus Christ...

I hate "top 40". It's vacuous annoying crap for the most part.

I like a bunch of diiferent genres. They'd all be considered "alternative" or "adult", I guess.

I have a ton of Pink Floyd on vinyl - including a bootleg - and David Gilmour's first solo LP. One of the first live concerts I attended was Pink Floyd in Toronto long ago. Emphasis on "long ago".

I know Waters was only playing stuff from The Wall - that's my point. It's old, played out, and uninteresting. Just like a lot of classic rock. I think it's fine to listen to, appreciate, and reference; but treating it like it's some musical pinnacle or something worth going to see banged out again for the millionth time live is pathetic. He's obviously just milking for cash all the insecure suburban meatheads that (bizarrely) view his late-70's operatic music as some sort of requirement for hetero-male redneck coolness. It's weird.

"What is so whiney about them?" You can't be serious. Pay attention to the lyrics. The whole thing is one great big whinge-fest of the highest order. I mean, I like rebellion music, but Jesus Christ...

I hate "top 40". It's vacuous annoying crap for the most part.

I like a bunch of diiferent genres. They'd all be considered "alternative" or "adult", I guess.

Yeah, denouncing fascism and war in general is not whiny.

Also, stop believing that every person that has hair and can still get it up that listens to Pink Floyd is an "insecure suburban meathead."

That's just dumb.

Normal people listen to music too.

I think you are bitter that emo kids walk around the mall wearing shirts of bands they've heard a couple times. That doesn't mean that all people under 30 who listen to classic rock bands are "rednecks".

I am personally glad he's still touring, because there would be no way for my generation to see The Wall live otherwise. Besides, it's better that he tours at age 60 something with 30 year old tunes than most of these auto-tuned high-priced karaoke puppets that SONY and BMG crank out each week.

Never thought a whiney melodramatic rock opera would have such incredible staying power. I guess there is blood in a stone. Dude sure hasn't created anything good in the last 25 years.

Archived