The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Edmonton Oiler Gets Moved

None - because it's Steve Tambellini. He doesn't do anything. Sometimes, you get the feel that he wants to lose on purpose to get another first round pick. That would explain the extensions to keep the team the same.

Horcoff wont go anywhere who wants his 5.5. million cap hit. Smyth is staying for a leadership role. Hemsky is still locked up for two more years dont see anything happening with him this year. After a bad year paarvi's stock has fallen they might as well keep him and hope he turns out.

I personally dont see much happening in edmonton. Maybe a little goalie shuffle. Bulin for a one year rental? Flordia?

Tambs is a terrible trader in the sense that he only has made very one-sided trades. He can not make a balanced one, if the Oilers do not win the trade walking away, nothing happens.

It is the big weakness of his. He should understand that sometimes you have to do damage control, he doesn't get it. The big trade the Oilers need to make this year, probably isn't even going to happen.

If he was smart and had some balls, he would trade the #1 overall for a legitimate top 2 D man.

Tambs is a terrible trader in the sense that he only has made very one-sided trades. He can not make a balanced one, if the Oilers do not win the trade walking away, nothing happens.

It is the big weakness of his. He should understand that sometimes you have to do damage control, he doesn't get it. The big trade the Oilers need to make this year, probably isn't even going to happen.

If he was smart and had some balls, he would trade the #1 overall for a legitimate top 2 D man.

It's hard for the Oilers to make trades because no one trusts Tamby. Hes been caught twice hiding injuries from other GMs, you just can't do that and expect the rest of the league will still want to trade with you.

If they keep Hall and draft Yakupov...

Hall - RNH - Yakupov

Eberle - Gagner - Hemsky

In a year or so

Hall - RNH - Yakupov

Eberle - Gagner - Paajarvi

That will be one scary top six down the road.

Do they need a goalie? We should trade them Luongo/Raymond/Ballard/Tanev/1st for their 1st/Pajaavi?

They'd get two ready to play defensemen, a solid goalie, and a mid tier player, all NHL ready instead of more prospects.

We'd draft Yakupov and get Pajaavi in return? Then sign Suter and Garrison?

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Yakupov

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Pajaavi - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Suter

Edler - Bieksa

Garrison - Salo

and then i wake up

suter is a left side D if i am correct, and edler bieksa is a terrrrrrrible combo, they were brutal.. further more raymond is useless to Edmonton and is UFA anyway. And tanev is our future on right side shutdown D.

Do they need a goalie? We should trade them Luongo/Raymond/Ballard/Tanev/1st for their 1st/Pajaavi?

They'd get two ready to play defensemen, a solid goalie, and a mid tier player, all NHL ready instead of more prospects.

We'd draft Yakupov and get Pajaavi in return? Then sign Suter and Garrison?

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Yakupov

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Pajaavi - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Suter

Edler - Bieksa

Garrison - Salo

and then i wake up

I think the Oilers are going to eventually run into trouble with their young stars. After this upcoming season, Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi will all be RFA's. Nugent-Hopkins will be an RFA the following season and Yakupov(when they draft him) will be a RFA the year after that. All of these players are going to want hefty raises up in the 6-7 million dollar range knowing that they are the foundation that their team is built on. And it certainly doesn't help when they give a player like Ales Hemsky five million dollars a year. Hall, Eberle and company are going to feel they are worth that much, if not more.

If I'm the Oilers, I'm dangling Hemsky + a prospect/pick to the Rangers for Gaborik, then dealing the #1 pick for a top-pair D.

I then sign Arnott as my 2LC, put Gagner as 3LC, lose Horcoff to waivers/minors, and give Paajarvi one last chance to prove his worth. 30 games to start the season on the second line, and if you don't put up 20+ points, i'd trade him too. Maybe to the Islanders for the equally disappointing Niederreiter.

LOL no one wants play in deadmonton, they have to overpay to keep guys. name one player that retired as an oiler.

gretzky, arnott, messier, coffey, guerin ....the last goes on......the oilers are a farm team for the rest of the nhl

Archived