The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Would The Current Canucks Look Like In 1994 Uniforms?

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like the idea. This team has their own identity and that uniform very much says '94 team...would hate it.

Love the uniform itself (so much so that I decorated a cake in a candy corn & licorice logo once for a kid's b'day party) but there's no turning back for me.

I don't like the idea. This team has their own identity and that uniform very much says '94 team...would hate it.

Love the uniform itself (so much so that I decorated a cake in a candy corn & licorice logo once for a kid's b'day party) but there's no turning back for me.

They had a light weight hoodie in the Canuck store that was black with a "silver skate" just like the 94 uniforms.  Black with sold silver looked slick and "rich looking".

Of course I am biased because I really did like the skate uniform and would love even a Third Jersey with the Black and Silver.  I think lots of people would buy it.   However, young kids are likely to want the Orca jersey still.

interesting take OP, but yeah I have to agree with Deb; different unis represent different eras really:

the older schemes of black, red and yellow are during the 70's and 80's (correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't around back then :P)

more recently, there's been the W.C.E. Orca, the alternates with the maroon shoulders that for some reason cause me to equate to the Twins and Jason King, then the era of Lu with the plain, sandy colored mask and the early blue stick-in-rink design, then the current ones which I am fond of, with the solid addition of the whale in its "back-to-nature" style blue background. I think for memory's sake the V can come back during special events, maybe if they retire more guys from that era then they can tribute to that era by wearing the jersey, but regularly? No thanks.

_C4G5129.jpg

imo With a bit of modernizing, we could see a Millionaires tribute 3rd jersey come out soon. Don't the Canucks own the rights to that name? Isn't the Millionaire cup centennial coming up?

Hey, why not rename the Canucks to the Millionaires so we can claim that old cup? Lame, but the Senators did it.

TOML

Since the magnificent Stanley Cup run of 1994, there has always been a fascination with the skate uniform design. The spectacular and poised goaltending of Kirk McLean, the definitive leadership of Trevor Linden, and the excitement of Pavel Bure made that team perhaps the most popular in franchise history; the uniform they wore became the identity of the organization, and over the course of a decade, the flying skate became the look fans cherished most. Many have clamored for the return of those uniforms, and it would seem only a matter of time before the organization finally brings their old brand back to life.

Some have wondered what this would look like. Today, I took the time to give everyone an idea of how our current Canucks would appear in our 1994 colors.

The team's brand and uniforms are as important to this team's identity as anything else. Should the Canucks return to the uniforms they once wore proudly, and resurrect the highly-regarded flying skate brand?

Update: A few individuals have requested yellow pads for Cory Schneider. I've uploaded that version in place of the original.

schneiderskate_newpads_yellowred.jpg

• 2 months later...

_C4G5129.jpg

imo With a bit of modernizing, we could see a Millionaires tribute 3rd jersey come out soon. Don't the Canucks own the rights to that name? Isn't the Millionaire cup centennial coming up?

Hey, why not rename the Canucks to the Millionaires so we can claim that old cup? Lame, but the Senators did it.

TOML

Archived