The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] HITTING line.

To CBJ: Rodin, raymond (RFA), 5th

To Van: Dorsett, conditional 6th (if rodin plays 25+ games in 2012-2013 season)

Sign Glass 2 years @ $800,000

4th line:

Glass (8th in hits among forwards) - Lapierre (9th " ") - Dorsett (19th " ")

With Glass being a community guy who knows AV's system already, and Dorsett having yet to be untapped offensive promise. I think this is a relatively cheap option to have one of the hardest hitting 4th lines in the league. (689 Hits,26 goals, 29 assists combined last season.)

Rodin is in our top 10 prospect pool but not a top standout like connauton or jensen so it wouldn't be the biggest loss, Raymond needs to go somewhere and where else than a team that will give him a more than fair contract for his skills.

Tanner Glass is highly regarded in Winnipeg for what he does on and off the ice, he is good for a few goals a season, usually faces difficult opposition, is a pretty good shot blocker, fights for his teammates, and is a rather good skater contrary to popular belief. I think most people in Vancouver dislike him for his occasional defensive lapse or untimely fan shot. his 246 hits this year isn't something to shy from either, expecially considering he put up a considerably less penalty minutes than either Lapierre or Dorsett this year. Plus a lot of the guys were good friends with him in the locker room.

Tanner Glass should never come back here. He was not resigned for a reason. He's a penalty magnet who whiffs on pucks and couldn't fight his way out of a plastic bag.

His hits weren't even that hard either. He belongs in Winnipeg.

When you fan on a shot in the playoffs..........

Dorsett is a great at what he does and would be a good fit to our bottom 6. Not too sure about that trade though I think it's overpayment. I'm all for the idea of bringing him in though but the chances of him coming is unlikely since the Jackets recently re-signed him

would be sweet if Daniel Winnik and Matt Martin could be brought in. Double "M", if I'm not mistaken led the league in hits, with even more than Dustin Brown!

Daniel Winnik's been facing very strong competition, and is a UFA so he should be a really good addition.

...what the heck did you just type??? You said we traded Glass, I corrected you by saying he SIGNED in Winnipeg.

Traded = A player or players traded for a player or players

Signed = A player (UFA, RFA) agrees to a contract/contract extension with a team.

Please don't make yourself look like a complete fool again.

Rodin is our young skilled prospect, no way we are going to trade a potential top 6 line for Dorsette. We can find other guys to fill in that role... Example Pinizotto...

Pinizotto i think will fill a great hitting role on the 4th line next year, I think we have to sign him considering how good he looked in the pre-season before his injury...

Archived