The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan sues Pittsburgh Penguins for sending too many texts

Fan sues Pittsburgh Penguins for sending too many texts:

A fan is suing the owners of the Pittsburgh Penguins because the team sent him more text alerts than he agreed to in the terms and conditions.

The class-action lawsuit says the team violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, which prohibits unsolicited text messages, because the Penguins website said subscribers would receive no more than three texts a weeks about breaking news.

The plaintiff alleges in the complaint that he received about five texts from the team in the first week and four in the second week.

The lawsuit says members of the class were "subjected to the aggravation that necessarily accompanies the invasion of privacy caused by unsolicited text message calls" and "also because consumers frequently have to pay their cellphone service providers for the receipt of such wireless calls."

The suit asks the court for unspecified damages and an injunction to keep the team from texting more than three times a week.

http://espn.go.com/n...-too-many-texts

I'm suing that guy who's suing the penguins for making me read this topic. And clicking on it then suing him for me typing this response and clicking the post button. I could have been clicking fun stuff in diablo 3. But this jerk had to grab my attention and waste 5 mintues of my e-life. What's that worth mr.judge?

:picard: Seriously..

"Omg I got 5 text messages when I was only supposed to get 4. :frantic: "

Just Grow up, Man there are some stupid people out there.. Don't buy a phone if you don't want to get random messages every once in awhile.

:picard: Seriously..

"Omg I got 5 text messages when I was only supposed to get 4. :frantic: "

Just Grow up, Man there are some stupid people out there.. Don't buy a phone if you don't want to get random messages every once in awhile.

Archived