The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kristian Huselius

There are reasons to like this concept, but I'm not down for it.

He could be an upgrade on Higgins offensively, but does nothing to solve our biggest (take note of that word) problem up front. Adding talent at the expense of putting ourselves into obvious size mis match problems would be stupid. Particularly for the line that will routinely draw up against the Kopitar & Getzlaf type lines on every team.

:sadno:

i would be down but we would haft offset him with a few bigger players on the team....we need more size and grit

Huselius could be a decent addition for any team. But given his injury issues over the last 2 seasons, theres definatley buyer beware signs all over the guy, although he might be had at a short term discount type deal untill he can stay healthy for awhile. I could see him thrive in Pittsburgh.

He's too big of a gamble for the Canucks imo, and that money should really be spent on a safer bet in the top 6, or somewhere else in the lineup.

How long will it take before fans realize that the Canucks have to get bigger and tougher. Suggestions like Huselius, soft on the puck, are great for regular season play but that is it. There is a reason he is playing for Columbus.

I thought that I'd bring up this guy up to everybody. Now, I'm assuming that most of you know who Kristian Huselius is. He's a winger that's turning 34 this November, and he's a member of the Columus Blue Jackets. He's a pure playmaker, and always thinks pass first. Huselius is the kind of guy we could use on our second line if the chemistry between Kelser and Booth is really that bad, though both have been injured at different times and didn't have much of a chance to play at the top of their games.

People really rave about the AMEX line and how fantastic they were, but really, they weren't that dangerous. They just individually made each other better at different times. Kes playing injured February and on could of played a major role in the decline of offence on the second line, but I believe a playmaker could be a fine asset to a second line with Kesler and Booth that needs a playmaker.

Huselius has been putting up consistent 60-80 point scoring seasons before he sprained his ankle then hurt his groin. If the Canucks management gets enough positive injury reports on this guy, then I believe that he could be that plamaker role guy that we need if we don't think Schroeder's ready to play a full season before Kesler returns from his injury.

I wouldn't assume Huselius will be asking for much this offseason, possibly 3-4 million. The Canucks WILL have cap to spend with if one of our goalies go, and no, Pahlsson will not come back. If he's recovering well and should be ready for next season, signing Huselius to a one-year contract would be pretty low risk high reward.

Thoughts???

Cheers,

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Okay, so realistically, we could stack the bottom 6 and sign, Travis Moen, P.A Parenteau (sp) and a UFA D-man. Let's just say for the hell of it, we have traded Lu and a package of picks for Colbourne and Franson. and traded some prospects or picks for Latendresse's rights because Minnesota is rebuilding. Our line-up could then be

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Parenteau

Higgins-Colbourne-Hansen

Moen-Lapierre-Latendresse (Montreal Re-united!!!!)

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison (Could be any other UFA d-man)

Franson-Tanev

Salo

Schneider

Lack

THAT'S ACTUALLY SUCH A REALISTIC LINE-UP BECAUSE WE ARE NOT STEALING AWAY/OVER-PAYING FOR GARDINER OR TOR'S 5TH OVERALL PICK!

There are reasons to like this concept, but I'm not down for it.

He could be an upgrade on Higgins offensively, but does nothing to solve our biggest (take note of that word) problem up front. Adding talent at the expense of putting ourselves into obvious size mis match problems would be stupid. Particularly for the line that will routinely draw up against the Kopitar & Getzlaf type lines on every team.

:sadno:

Archived