The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Fixing the Calgary Flames

Hi, after me and friend (who is a fan of the lames) were arguing about how bad of shape the lames were in, I thought about it and here I am with a personal version of a Flames "Rebuild" type of scenerio.

Trades

To Washington: Jarome Iginla

To Calgary: John Carlson, 2012 1st Round pick (16th) (Washington's not Colorado's)

Washington gets a veteran presence in Jarome to help lead them in the right direction, helps out Ovie with the Leadership and can fill the whole that is left because of Semin leaving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Chicago: Mikka Kiprusoft, Anton Babchuk, David Moss, Olli Jokinen (UFA Rights)

To Calgary: Nick Leddy, Jeremy Morin, Kyle Beach, Brandon Pirri, (Conditional) 2012 3rd (77th)

Here's a breakdown of the value in this trade..

Kipper = Leddy + Pirri

Babchuk + Jokinen (rights) = Morin

Moss = Beach + 3rd

Chicago gets the goaile they need, aswell as.. some help on defense, a 3rd liner who can help bring depth, and then if they can sign Jokinen they will get that much needed 2nd line center and they can keep Bolland on the 3rd and Sharp/Kane on the wing.

Condition: if Jokinen signs with Chicago, Calgary gets the pick, if not then they don't get it. Simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Calgary: 2012 2nd (43rd)

To Dallas: Matt Stajan

Dallas needs another center, Riberio is good on the 1st but there isn't anyone for the 2nd, Fiddler is a 3rd liner, Glennie isn't ready and they have no other natural centers, not saying Stajan is a top 6 forward but he could regain his form in Dallas and take a bigger role with there team.

If some feel this is an overpayment, an alternate deal would be: Phillip Larsen + 3rd for Stajan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Calgary: 2012 1st (22nd), Scott Harrington

To Pittsburgh: Curtis Glencross.

Harrington may seem like a big loss/steep price to go along with the 1st but they already 2 other defensemen who are higher than them (Despres and Morrow) And also in my Canucks moves thread I proposed a 1st, Rodin and a 3rd so it is similar value.

And Pittsburgh needs a top 6 forward, With Steve Sullivan possibly leaving, Glencross would replace him and Glencross would be a good upgrade on Dupius or else would be a good player in the 3rd, he would also add things that they would need for a playoff run.

Signings:

Tomas Vokoun 1 year, 3.5m

David Jones 2 years, 3m per

Lee Stmpniak 2 years, 2.5m per

This would be there line-up:

Cammalleri - Backlund - Tanguay

Morin - Horak - Jones

Beach - Pirri - Stempniak

Jackman - Jones - Comeau

Boumesster - Carlson

Giordano - Babchuk

Leddy - Butler

Vokoun

Irving

Draft:

1st (14th) Olli Matta

1st (16th) Sebastian Collberg

1st (22nd) Slater Koekkoek

2nd (43rd) Andrei Vasilevski

3rd (75th) Dillon Fournier

3rd (77th) Coda Gordon

They build a young core of players at all postitions, Thoughts?

Hi, after me and friend (who is a fan of the lames) were arguing about how bad of shape the lames were in, I thought about it and here I am with a personal version of a Flames "Rebuild" type of scenerio.

Trades

To Washington: Jarome Iginla

To Calgary: John Carlson, 2012 1st Round pick (16th) (Washington's not Colorado's)

Washington gets a veteran presence in Jarome to help lead them in the right direction, helps out Ovie with the Leadership and can fill the whole that is left because of Semin leaving.

To Chicago: Mikka Kiprusoft, Anton Babchuk, David Moss, Olli Jokinen (UFA Rights)

To Calgary: Nick Leddy, Jeremy Morin, Kyle Beach, Brandon Pirri, (Conditional) 2012 3rd (77th)

Here's a breakdown of the value in this trade..

Kipper = Leddy + Pirri

Babchuk + Jokinen (rights) = Morin

Moss = Beach + 3rd

Chicago gets the goaile they need, aswell as.. some help on defense, a 3rd liner who can help bring depth, and then if they can sign Jokinen they will get that much needed 2nd line center and they can keep Bolland on the 3rd and Sharp/Kane on the wing.

Condition: if Jokinen signs with Chicago, Calgary gets the pick, if not then they don't get it. Simple.

To Calgary: 2012 2nd (43rd)

To Dallas: Matt Stajan

Dallas needs another center, Riberio is good on the 1st but there isn't anyone for the 2nd, Fiddler is a 3rd liner, Glennie isn't ready and they have no other natural centers, not saying Stajan is a top 6 forward but he could regain his form in Dallas and take a bigger role with there team.

If some feel this is an overpayment, an alternate deal would be: Phillip Larsen + 3rd for Stajan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Calgary: 2012 1st (22nd), Scott Harrington

To Pittsburgh: Curtis Glencross.

Harrington may seem like a big loss/steep price to go along with the 1st but they already 2 other defensemen who are higher than them (Despres and Morrow) And also in my Canucks moves thread I proposed a 1st, Rodin and a 3rd so it is similar value.

And Pittsburgh needs a top 6 forward, With Steve Sullivan possibly leaving, Glencross would replace him and Glencross would be a good upgrade on Dupius or else would be a good player in the 3rd, he would also add things that they would need for a playoff run.

Signings:

Tomas Vokoun 1 year, 3.5m

David Jones 2 years, 3m per

Lee Stmpniak 2 years, 2.5m per

This would be there line-up:

Cammalleri - Backlund - Tanguay

Morin - Horak - Jones

Beach - Pirri - Stempniak

Jackman - Jones - Comeau

Boumesster - Carlson

Giordano - Babchuk

Leddy - Butler

Vokoun

Irving

Draft:

1st (14th) Olli Matta

1st (16th) Sebastian Collberg

1st (22nd) Slater Koekkoek

2nd (43rd) Andrei Vasilevski

3rd (75th) Dillon Fournier

3rd (77th) Coda Gordon

They build a young core of players at all postitions, Thoughts?

You could probably get Saad, Leddy and Morin instead of Beach, Pirri and all that other stuff for Kipper, Babchuk, Jokinen and Moss.

Also they should draft Subban at 22nd instead of koekkek and at 43 draft Henrik Samuelsson instead of Vasilevski.

So they'll have bright future with Morin, Leddy and Saad as well as Maatta, Subban and Samuelsson

Note:

And i just realized i replied to another one of ur topics

Ya I might change it but you would want to maintain some of your prospects if your the hawks and Pirri is gunna be NHL ready next season (or should be) and also Vasilevski is rated higher than Subban and I think he is better but either way they wouldn't have to pick either with the 22nd and they could use it to get a future top 4 d-man like Koekkeok.

I also think as good as samuelson is getting Vasilevski and Koekkeok is better than just one of those and Samuelson, I have been reading and studying alot of the prospects and while I haven't done much on Sammuelson, from what i have seen is is projected to be more fo a 3rd line center, what do u think he could be?

And do you like the rest of it?

Yeah Ebert was really high but he won't be available at 75 and 77, he will probably go somewhere around 55-70, I would be surprised if he is available at any of those picks.

I personally like Vasilevski and another guy is Oscar Dansk, I think he would be taken over Subban, also Koekkoek I think is really a guy alot of teams are intrested, he posses all the skills to be an all round puck moving two-way defensmen which is something everyteam wants, which is also why I think he will be taken ahead of Sammuelson.

I could see the Pens not moving Harrington but Glencross is something they need.

And Stajan may not get a 2nd, but he would get a 3rd+, I think he could get a 2nd though, if Campoli was traded for a 2nd I think this guy could.

And I checked into that and Benn is generally a winger, he is listed as a winger everywhere I looked, he can play center but he isn't a natural center and they would probably want him on the 1st with Riberio and Eriksson.

Yeah Ebert was really high but he won't be available at 75 and 77, he will probably go somewhere around 55-70, I would be surprised if he is available at any of those picks.

I personally like Vasilevski and another guy is Oscar Dansk, I think he would be taken over Subban, also Koekkoek I think is really a guy alot of teams are intrested, he posses all the skills to be an all round puck moving two-way defensmen which is something everyteam wants, which is also why I think he will be taken ahead of Sammuelson.

I could see the Pens not moving Harrington but Glencross is something they need.

And Stajan may not get a 2nd, but he would get a 3rd+, I think he could get a 2nd though, if Campoli was traded for a 2nd I think this guy could.

And I checked into that and Benn is generally a winger, he is listed as a winger everywhere I looked, he can play center but he isn't a natural center and they would probably want him on the 1st with Riberio and Eriksson.

No he will be a 1st round pick, after Tervanainen there are like no other pure offensive players of that level other then Collberg, you could make a case for Aberg but really there isn't much I could see him going to a Washington at 16, San Jose at 17 or even Tampa Bay at 19, I'll be surprised if he isn't a 1st rounder though.

Nah man I think they will take Faksa, here is how I think the top 15 will go.

1. Edmonton Oilers: Nail Yakupov

2. Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Murray

3. Montreal Canadians: Mikhail Grigorenko

4. New York Islanders: Matt Dumba

5. Toronto Maple Leafs: Alex Galchenyuk

6. Anaheim Ducks: Filip Forsberg

7. Minnesota Wild: Jacob Trouba

8. Carolina Hurricanes: Tuevo Teravainen

9. Winnipeg Jets: Griffin Reinhart

10. Tampa Bay Lightning: Morgan Rielly

11. Washington Capitals: Cody Ceci

12. Buffalo Sabres: Derrick Pouliot

13. Dallas Stars: Radek Faksa

14. Calgary Flames: Olli Matta

15. Ottawa Senators: Hampus Lindholm

I honestly forgot about Collberg when I was originally thinking about my mock draft and I thaught about Ottawa potential taking him but then it dawned on me that they took 3 forwards in last years 1st round and they also have Turris, Filatov, Greening, and others who are young, and another defensemen would be good to go alongside Karlsson and Cowen gsince they traded Runblad.

I think he will fall out of the top 15, not sure where I think he will go yet, but at the latest to Pittsburgh at 22, but most likely somewhere from 15-20.

My first round looks like this.

Yakupov

Murray

Grigorenko

Forsberg

Galchenyuk

Dumba

Rielly

Teravainen

Trouba

Faksa

Ceci

Reinhart

Collberg

Maatta

Gaunce

Hertl

Lindholm

Sissons

Mind you, my mock was before the playoffs

I wouldnt be surprised

If they draft Faksa, he falls in line with what i said about them deafting centers or dmen in the first round

Did you make yours in terms of teams drafting or just how good you think they are?

Because I don't think the NYI will take a forward, they need a defensemen, they have recently drafted forwards, (Niederreiter, Strome, Tavares, Kabanov, Cizikas, Sundstrom), and they do have some D-men (De Haan and Hamonic, maybe even Mayfield).

But they lack that top all round defensemen who can play in any situation, De Haan is more offensive, Hamonic is more Defensive, I don't know much about Mayfield but I think he plays a more defensive two-way style aswell.

Adding Dumba (who I think they will take) would give them a top pairing D-man who can play in all situations aswell as scored 15+ goals and 40+ points (I think)

I based it off team needs and with the opinion Strome moves to the wing and Forsberg becomes there number two push Nielsen to were he is best as a no.3 center.

He plays PP, PK, he does it all for the team. He's not relied on in offensive situations because of Streit. Hamonic is an all-situation player. Mayfield is another guy that projects to be a two-way player, i think he's a lot like Haminic but he still beeds to put on some weight.

Also Neidereitter is developing slower than they like and Kabanov is still a question mark. Dont see Cizikas as more than a 3rd liner

Ya Hamonic does play an all round game but he is generally more of a defensive defensmen. Mayfield could be a top 4 guy but none of there D-man are that top pair all round D-man, Hamonic could play top pair but not the same type of all round game as Dumba.

He's just something they don't have and is kind of a priority at this point for them since they are loaded on forwards with Tavares, Niederrieter, Strome, Kabanov, Bailey, Sundstrom, Okposo, Grabner, and then players like Moulson and Parenteau who have showed that they can play well with that group.

Archived