The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Steve Tambellini will consider offers for #1 pick

If we get the 5th overall pick from Toronto in a Luongo trade with Schenn, then we will be in a position of strength to trade. I hate to say it but we could package Edler, 5th overall and our 26th overall for their first. Sign Garrisson and Schultz, give Salo one more year. Trade Raymond for 3rd round pick.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Yakupov-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lappierre-Kassian/Hansen

Whoever-Malholtra-Hansen/Kassian

Volpatti

Hamhius-Bieksa

Ballard-Tanev

Garrisson-Salo

Schnieder

Lack

Alberts-SchultzIf Malholtra doesn't return to form, then Shroeder gets the 3rd line job and Lappierre moves down to the 4th when Kelser returns. Schroeder Starts 2nd line for the first 15 games.

I think Edmonton would be absolutely retarded to not take Yakupov. They have so many other young players and even Ryan Whitney they can package off for younger blue chip D prospects. I'd even trade Hall for a D stud to take Yakupov for the simple fact that Halls style of play is going to cause him to miss a hell of a lot of NHL games. He puts himself in terribly dangerous positions time and time again.

Steve Tambellini's probably got the easiest GM position in the league...

Let your team fail miserabley, reap the rewards, and then sit back and let other teams clamour over your high draft picks.

I think a case can be made that the 2nd overall pick is often as good if not better than the 1st overall pick. Except for a few exceptions where the 1st overall picks were generational players.

I think the fact that Yakupov is far and above the number 1 choice means that the Oilers should probably pick him. IMO he will be better than their first two first overall selections.

They can always trade Hall down the road when Yakupov becomes a superstar.

I think a case can be made that the 2nd overall pick is often as good if not better than the 1st overall pick. Except for a few exceptions where the 1st overall picks were generational players.

I think the fact that Yakupov is far and above the number 1 choice means that the Oilers should probably pick him. IMO he will be better than their first two first overall selections.

They can always trade Hall down the road when Yakupov becomes a superstar.

I really think if we can trade Luongo for Schenn and 5th pick, we can package the 5th/26th/Tanev/Schroeder for the 1st? That way they will still have a chance to pick a Murray/Reilly/Dumba/Reinhart. Mtl has nothing they'd want except Subban, Columbus is in rebuild mode too so they wouldn't give their prospect away to move one up.

The only way I see the Canucks being able to get the first overall pick is if they trade Schneider to Columbus for the 2nd overall pick and then trade the 2nd overall pick and Tanev, I would want to put Ballard here but I think it will take Tanev, to the Oilers for the 1st overall pick.

Archived