The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Steve Tambellini will consider offers for #1 pick

The only way I see the Canucks being able to get the first overall pick is if they trade Schneider to Columbus for the 2nd overall pick and then trade the 2nd overall pick and Tanev, I would want to put Ballard here but I think it will take Tanev, to the Oilers for the 1st overall pick.

I don't think we have what Tambellini's looking for. Yes, we have a great, available goaltender in Luongo. We have a few young assets in our system that look to be on the rise and yes, we have a couple of roster players that may become available, but I don't think any of them could get a deal done.

There is no doubting Roberto Luongo is a great goaltender but, at 33, and his scary contract make him a non issue to Edmonton management. Even if they did want him, no way does Lou wave his no trade to go there.

Edmonton wants experienced veterans that still have a lot of years left. I think this eliminates a deal heavy in prospects.

Any roster players they would be interested in, we're not giving up. Honestly, if a player like David Booth is the center piece, Edmonton's not interested. There are many teams with a lot more to offer that will be crawling over each other to get the pick.

Lastly, we're in the same division. The last thing they're gonna want to do is make the dominant team in the Northwest better.

If we were to make Schneider available in a deal, it would become more interesting. But if that were the case, I would prefer a deal that brings more veteran experience to our line up.

MG may make a play for the pick; He'd be foolish not to. But I don't see us getting it.

Oilers would be stupid to trade the pick. You always pick the best availible player at the draft. They can trade another forward for some D or sign a free agent.

Really hate to say it but look at what Canucks did with Luc. Best player was Kopitar but we were desporate for a D.

Edmonton can only trade down a couple of spots at most and still get Murray...meaning CBJ, MTL, NYI and *maybe* TOR as trading partners. Out of those, I really think CBJ #2 is the most likely trade partner for EDM., but CBJ doesn't really want or need to move up due to Russian factor perhaps?

For Van, It would have to be something like Schneider + prospects and/or picks for #2 overall. Then, it would probably take #2pick+ Tanev, Edler, or Ballard to move up to #1.

Guest Dasein

keep dreaming folks, yakupov ain't coming to vancouver, think an 18 year old russian is going to carry this team to the cup....

• 2 weeks later...

Even though they said he won't move the number 1 pick as seen in another thread, I could still see Brian Burke make some kind of offer to get that number #1 pick, which could happen the night before the draft or even minutes leading up to the actual draft. Brian will try his hardest to get that 1st pick I think, and Tambellini will budge if the offer is what he is wanting.

Even though they said he won't move the number 1 pick as seen in another thread, I could still see Brian Burke make some kind of offer to get that number #1 pick, which could happen the night before the draft or even minutes leading up to the actual draft. Brian will try his hardest to get that 1st pick I think, and Tambellini will budge if the offer is what he is wanting.

Archived