The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBC Gpa Booster Courses (1st year)

Kass9

Honestly it's less about which are "easy" vs what you are good at. If you're a sciency person, you may like psych or Eosc. But if you're a social sciences person, then do intro to politics, canadian government, history 103 etc. Most faculties have a set average they are supposed to be in, so there really aren't any "true" GPA boosters. Most classes average around 72-75%, so if you're a smart guy, you can probably get A's in anything.

Honestly it's less about which are "easy" vs what you are good at. If you're a sciency person, you may like psych or Eosc. But if you're a social sciences person, then do intro to politics, canadian government, history 103 etc. Most faculties have a set average they are supposed to be in, so there really aren't any "true" GPA boosters. Most classes average around 72-75%, so if you're a smart guy, you can probably get A's in anything.

remember a time when the university system was for the intellectual and academic elite, and not just for people trying to please mommy and daddy with an engineering degree?

this chick who sits beside me in one class whines about her low GPA all the time, and how she'll get kicked out of her program if she can't pick it up. i vocalize sympathies, but internally i hope she flunks out, hard

I agree for the most part, except for that last sentence.

Some people are just really smart and can get A's in almost anything. However, there are also others who just memorize their textbooks, do well in their classes, graduate, and don't know jack sh*t.

remember a time when the university system was for the intellectual and academic elite, and not just for people trying to please mommy and daddy with an engineering degree?

this chick who sits beside me in one class whines about her low GPA all the time, and how she'll get kicked out of her program if she can't pick it up. i vocalize sympathies, but internally i hope she flunks out, hard

yeah, i'm a smarty pants could-be president of a university... why? because i think it's funny how people sign up for university, and take a bunch of classes they obviously aren't good at, and need to take "easy" classes just so they can appear to know what they're doing

No harm in taking an easier course. Honestly, what if someone had a 95 average with tough courses, but took an easy one just so for fun? I guess they must be super dumb because they're taking an easy course?

Archived