The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Combine

Didn't see a thread.

Just one thought on the combine as a whole.

Does anyone else think the bench press is a waste of time? Or at least for some players. It makes sense for defensemen who have to battle and push the forwards away in the fron the net during a game. I think scouts/management should at least have the option to pick what they want to see a certain player perform. Given RNH for example. We all knew he had the upper body strength of a manly girl with 150lb bench press for two reps. So what the hell is the purpose of having him do this exactly? If the Oilers saw him do 225lb or 275lb squats or something like that I'm sure would have been better looking on his part.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80653

There's a link to the Draft Combine Top 10 results.

Also, as for your comments about the bench press, the prospects are required to do them in accordance with a metronome and in perfect form, so it's actually much more difficult than it seems, as they can go as long as they can, but only the presses that match the criteria are counted. For example, it was tweeted that Lukas Sutter did 37 reps unofficially, only 11 counted.

Hampus Lindholm with endurance of a champ. I would like to see him as a 2nd round pick for us if he goes that far down. Another Swedish defense-men with plenty of offensive upside is always a good thing. Considering we are in the market for a DEF he could be someone to consider even though he will probably not slot in for a couple years at the least. With that in mind he has not played much against a top tier league in Sweden he can be a top 2 and a powerplay quarterback. THis all being said we don't fix the situation VIA trade and freee agency.

Hampus Lindholm with endurance of a champ. I would like to see him as a 2nd round pick for us if he goes that far down. Another Swedish defense-men with plenty of offensive upside is always a good thing. Considering we are in the market for a DEF he could be someone to consider even though he will probably not slot in for a couple years at the least. With that in mind he has not played much against a top tier league in Sweden he can be a top 2 and a powerplay quarterback. THis all being said we don't fix the situation VIA trade and freee agency.

Archived