The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Dallas - Pittsburgh

To Dallas: Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh: Steve Ott, Brendan Morrow, Scott Glennie

-Dallas get's another center, and now they have a good 1-2 combination at center with Staal and Riberio, and right now they really don't have a 2nd line center so now they have 2 top 6 centermen, Jordan Staal gets the oppertunity to prove he is a top 6 centermen, and to me atleast Dallas seems like a decent fit for him with that spot being open.

-Pittsburgh gets a good top 6 winger in Morrow, brings leadership also Ott brings some toughness and grit aswell as good 3rd line ability, and Grit/Toughness is something the Pens need. Glennie may be seen as a bust by some but I think he still has time to become a good player, he posses alot of good things and if he can put it all together maybe he can contribute on the Pens in a year or 2, It may be seen as a risk to get him but atleast they get something else in the deal.

Thoughts?

Feels like overpayment by the Stars. Take Ott out and I think it is fair. Morrow is older, so Glennie makes up for that. I think this is a nice proposal, seems more thought out and original than others that are posted :)

Archived