The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE & SIGN] Vokoun to Pens

i know your just kidding but...

i was listening to lebrun on team 1040 a few weeks back and if nashville were to trade suters, they would be asking for 2nd round pick...and maybe a 1st rounder.....ridiculous price for a players rights, i dont care who it is

Do you think the actions of a Stanley Cup champion and a now perennial playoff team does NOT influence how another GM thinks of their team? Come on, think man.

If Pittsburgh decides a goal tending tandem is the way to go, I guarantee you other GM's are going to give it thought. And look at St. Louis this year with Halak/Elliot.

The more it happens, the more wheels it gets. It's not rocket science.

Morons saying Pittsburgh is going to trade MAF with the new 2 year acquisition of Vokoun.

Seriously, think before you f'ing speak.

This is almost a double edged sword for Vancouver.

A) It can drive up the value of Schneider / Luongo like crazy now that Thomas and Vokoun are off the market.

B) It can influence Gillis that goaltending tandems are the way to go and he keeps both Luongo and Schneider.

I am going to be EXTREMELY disappointed if Gillis goes the tandem route... I can't think of the last time a true goal tending tandem actually won the cup.

Luongo or Schneider I hope get dealt to fill our other most important needs (Top 6 forward, Top 2 D).

Archived