The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Toronto + Van - NYI

I know this is a beaten too death topic but here we go!

To Toronto

Luongo(Big surprise)

Schroeder

1st

3rd

Raymond(Rights)

To Vancouver

Colborne

Schenn

5th Overall

Franson(Rights)

I think this is a solid trade for both teams, the way I see it, the Canucks get big physical right handed dman with upside in Schenn, he can play and grow with Edler and give us a solid young second pairing.

Colborne helps the Canucks get bigger and grittier, and I think he can play third line center this year, standing at 6'5 213lbs imagine a lineup of Kassian-Colborne-Hansen, he has so-so offensive potential but he is a Gillis type player, he is fast, can hit and is the type of sandpaper we need in our lineup.

On the flip-side from Toronto's perspective, I see this as really Burkes last year too make the playoffs with Toronto. Luongo would make Toronto an instant playoff team, I would say Luo has 4-5 years of elite play left giving Toronto some time too win where as Thomas would of given them 1-2 more.

I think the fact Burke would still have a pick in the first round would make parting with the 5th overall somewhat easier.

Schroeder would be a bonus for Toronto, a small forward at 5'9, Schroeder is also very fast and is pretty good on the PK, which would help Toronto considering theirs was terrible last year, although not super offensively gifted I could see him being a 15 goal 40 point player.

I see it as a win-win for both sides, Toronto acquires their star goalie without giving up Gardiner or Kadri, and Vancouver gets a high draftpick, a roster defenseman and a big Center who could be used on the third line.

With the Islanders potentially having a lot of their defense leave in the offseason they will need some NHL caliber dmen too replace them, with Streit aging the Islanders will really only have Hamonic and De Haan, I think Ballard will exceed in a Top 4 role in the east, I could see Sauve being a 3rd pairing shutdown guy for them.

Second Trade:

The islanders will be in need of defense as they could potentially have most of them leave for UFA on July first here is a solution.

To the islanders:

Rome

Sauve

To Vancouver:

2nd round pick

Lineup after trades:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Kassian-Colborne-Jensen

Hansen-Lappierre-Malhotra

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Schenn