The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

An Important Ingredient To The Kings Success

After watching the Kings absolutely dominate round after round of the playoffs it reinforces just how important one aspect of the game is... Coaching!!

I know they have many stars, big bodies and great goaltending but the coaching is definitely a huge part of their success. Look at what Sutter has done since coming to town. They needed a new face and a fresh perspective, and now this team is absolutely sound. Lombardi assembled a great team and he took the final step by getting the right coach.

Just saying... hate away :emot-parrot:

I will hate away. AV has been the best coach in franchise history for us, bar none. You can't look at all that he's achieved and say "Damn, what a lousy coach."

Seriously people, AV has done miracles.

After watching the Kings absolutely dominate round after round of the playoffs it reinforces just how important one aspect of the game is... Coaching!!

I know they have many stars, big bodies and great goaltending but the coaching is definitely a huge part of their success. Look at what Sutter has done since coming to town. They needed a new face and a fresh perspective, and now this team is absolutely sound. Lombardi assembled a great team and he took the final step by getting the right coach.

Just saying... hate away :emot-parrot:

Or how about a coaching CHANGE?

JQ

Bylsma

Carlyle

and now Sutter? All win the cup in the same season or the season after they come in.

Babcock and Mr Potatohead are exceptions.

To me it looks like some of these guys coming in are merely covers for what's really happening, and that would be the rigging of who's going to win the cup in what year.

Notice that everyone, players, gms etc who comments on the Kings, Bruins and Hawks in their cup years talk of them playing unbelievably? With impossible energy? That's because they know their players are all jacked up. And what's worse is that they're also getting A TON of ref help. It's a lot easier to win when you know you're going to win. Cheers.

TOML

Soccer is rigged.

Basketball is rigged.

Baseball promoted steroids.

Football too.

What makes people think that hockey is immune? Blind? Ignorant? Or in a state of bliss from all this 'amazing' hockey being played by teams of destiny?

This sport is so freakin' fixed it makes me want to puke. And no this is not because the Canucks are out and i am upset. This is blatant bs that's been going on for years and sooner or later a coverup will be exposed. Either a drug coverup or rigging. Likely the first.

I just hope the Canucks are eventually selected to be a 'team of destiny' soon, but that's tough to do since there's a waiting list, a lot of politikin needs to happen and generally if you're in Canada? T. S.

TOML

"Not watching it when I already know the result."

Soccer is rigged.

Basketball is rigged.

Baseball promoted steroids.

Football too.

What makes people think that hockey is immune? Blind? Ignorant? Or in a state of bliss from all this 'amazing' hockey being played by teams of destiny?

This sport is so freakin' fixed it makes me want to puke. And no this is not because the Canucks are out and i am upset. This is blatant bs that's been going on for years and sooner or later a coverup will be exposed. Either a drug coverup or rigging. Likely the first.

I just hope the Canucks are eventually selected to be a 'team of destiny' soon, but that's tough to do since there's a waiting list, a lot of politikin needs to happen and generally if you're in Canada? T. S.

TOML

"Not watching it when I already know the result."

their "score more than two = win" mentality is really potent; with their talented, determined goalie and big, strong D-core plus strong passers/ skating D-men to get the puck up to the towering forwards who can score and hit in waves and provide strong two-way play this team had the potential to be a well-oiled machine. With the motivation from Sutter it just turned all their potential into reality.

I'm just surprised at how effective the mentality was, and more importantly how consistent Quick has been.

LA just caught fire at the right time and they've been fricken lucky to have stayed this healthy

Sutter has done a great job but it's the same players playing the same systems that were put in my Terry Murray. Everyone is just firing on all cylinders at the same time. Sutter is a guy who single handedly messed over the Flames and cap strapped them for years. How much of a genuis could he really be?

I think this one is on the players. They came together and are all buying in and performing their assigned roles to perfection.

LA just caught fire at the right time and they've been fricken lucky to have stayed this healthy

Sutter has done a great job but it's the same players playing the same systems that were put in my Terry Murray. Everyone is just firing on all cylinders at the same time. Sutter is a guy who single handedly messed over the Flames and cap strapped them for years. How much of a genuis could he really be?

I think this one is on the players. They came together and are all buying in and performing their assigned roles to perfection.

Sutter is a terrible GM but a great coach, just like Pat Quinn. Remember what he did in 2004 with the over achieving Flames squad? Gotta give credit where credit is due. Hes a coach who knows how to get the best out of his players.

Archived