The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Fan 960 in Calgary: Luongo to Toronto done at draft

Not necessarily true. His QualCOMP still wasn't top 2 amongst the Leaf defensemen in 2010-11, and his QualTEAM was the highest of any Leaf defensemen. That tells me he's been sheltered. It's fine to shelter a 21 year old defenseman, no doubt, but when he comes back the following year and regresses as badly as he did that's a huge problem and red flag.

Schenn regressed a bit this past season, but he was one of TO's better guys the season prior. He needs work and structure. Neither of which are prominent in TO's defense lately.

Interesting that TO's current top-5 pick is off the table, according to many over there, but Schenn and Kadri are on the table. What? Is BB pro-Russian now? Don't think so. I also don't think the 'nux should go after it unless they are able to draft Forsberg. Forsberg with the twins? Destiny fullfilled! lol

Komisarek? Bah. Take him if needed and demote him to Chicago if needed. Who cares about the cap when teams like NYR (and TO) get to bury whatever contracts they so choose. Cap, schmap.

I don't like the prospect of Luongo going to TO, myself. It will lead to a huge pile of hypocrisy coming out of there. Cherry will have to learn his name. He'll be their saviour. Their God. etc. Because they're even more goaltender-centric than us. And I don't like giving good players to TO, period. Sure, the trade might hurt them in the long term, but you have to think this move would also put that bloody team into the playoffs. And who wants that? Regards.

TOML

Best case scenerio:

To Toronto:

Luongo

Raymond

Tanev

1st (26/27th overall)

To Vancouver:

Shenn

Gardiner

---

Schultz see his friend traded to his hometown and favourite team and decide to sign here.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Jensen

Higgins - - Hansen

Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Shenn

Gardiner - Schultz

:bigblush:

I don't know how people can think these people in Calgary know what's going on. I don't believe this at all. If there was a trade almost made, we wouldn't hear about it until the day it is made.

I still don't think a trade is coming anyway.

Luongo has control of where he goes, correct? So why in the hell would he choose Toronto, which is just as crazy if not crazier than Vancouver in terms of fans and media. Oh, and lets not forget the team there stinks. Not as bad as their record indicates, but they still aren't very good.

That is why I think all Luongo to Toronto rumours are garbage.

Luongo has control of where he goes, correct? So why in the hell would he choose Toronto, which is just as crazy if not crazier than Vancouver in terms of fans and media. Oh, and lets not forget the team there stinks. Not as bad as their record indicates, but they still aren't very good.

I think Schenn would be a wonderful addition to the Canucks blue-line, but not what we need to push us over the hump to win the cup. We need Shea Weber or a true #1 Dman or I'm afraid the drought will continue.

Mike Gillis is meeting with Luongo this week, as well is having a meeting with his scouts this week as well. How could there be a deal in place already? (As per Dreger from Friday's insider trading). I highly doubt a deal is already in place, which would leak this early.

You're dealing with Burke & Gillis.

Nice try, but it's all just speculation right now. Thanks for coming out.

Well I won't argue Luongo/Toronto has merrit, I doubt very much it won't happen til the draft because Burke wants to make a splash, I call BS on this.

First, GMMG needs to have this sorted out sooner rather than later, especially with the CBA and a cap re-adjustment likely.

Secondly, I believe that Schneider must be signed first, think about it.

Just take all the rumors for what they are =RUMORS, some will materialize, most won't, this is a fun time of the year, Van will likely have to take a big cintract back, so this deal may be a multi-player trade or even a three team mega trade. Not everyone wants our players and we can't get everyone we want.

Archived