The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Fan 960 in Calgary: Luongo to Toronto done at draft

I would pass on everything T.O. offers unless its their 5th and of course Komo would have to be included for cap reasons. If T.O. trades us shenn they'll probably use their 5th to draft Reinhart as a replacement for Shenn if something better isn't avaiable worst case senerio. I don't wan't b.b to goose us of course, so I hope MG has his head in the right place if a trade between Van and T.O happens. MG will explore other options on other teams also I hope. Besides I would much rather try to sign Garrison at a home town discount and not give up any assets to fill out our top 4.

Hammer-Juice

Edler-Garrison

Not bad..

I'd say Kessel is an untouchable in an equal and opposite sense of the word - add to that Phaneuf and a whole range of other no thankyous - anyhow it happens all the time that teams cut deals and wait 27 days before they make them public...

Not exactly. He has the right to provide the Canucks with a list of teams that he would accept a trade to. (I believe the number is five, but I'm not positive)

FWIW, TSN and other sources have indicated that Toronto is one of the teams that Louie would agree to.

I doubt we'll get Gardiner or the #5 overall pick.

Kadri + Schenn wouldn't be that bad of a return IMO. Schenn gives us a steady partner for Edler, and Kadri and Schroeder can battle it out to see who gets to fill in for Kesler. Definitely makes us a much deeper team.

Schenn is 22 - the age when most young D's START their career. He has a ton of room to improve. First step would be to get him the hell away from Phaneuf (they trained together in the offseason).

Kadri is the same age as Schroeder, and so far has been heavily outproducing him at the pro level. For instance, he scored 10 points in 11 games this past playoffs with the Marlies; whereas Schroeder has only scored 9 points in the 19 postseason games over the past two seasons. Also, Kadri has 50 games of NHL experience under his belt, so he's likely far more ready to step into a regular roster spot.

Kadri + Schenn wouldn't be that bad of a return IMO. Schenn gives us a steady partner for Edler, and Kadri and Schroeder can battle it out to see who gets to fill in for Kesler. Definitely makes us a much deeper team.

Schenn is 22 - the age when most young D's START their career. He has a ton of room to improve. First step would be to get him the hell away from Phaneuf (they trained together in the offseason).

Kadri is the same age as Schroeder, and so far has been heavily outproducing him at the pro level. For instance, he scored 10 points in 11 games this past playoffs with the Marlies; whereas Schroeder has only scored 9 points in the 19 postseason games over the past two seasons. Also, Kadri has 50 games of NHL experience under his belt, so he's likely far more ready to step into a regular roster spot.

I've heard the 'crazy' from you before - regarding moving Kesler for Eberle and a pick at the deadline last year.   Kesler was injured for the second time in 6 months, the Canucks were preparing for a playoff grind in the prime of their "window" and Eberle wound up putting up 76 points in his second season on a bad team - can imagine what Eberle could do in Vancouver... Eberle crazy, Kessel genius.  Thanks for your input.

And without Kesler, we don't shut down Toews, and lose to Chicago AGAIN. Or, if we past them, he doesn't single-handedly destroy the Predators.

Nevermind the fact that Kesler was a proponent for signing for less to be loyal to a team, and had recently signed an extension with an NTC. Sure, the NTC hadn't kicked in yet, but do you seriously think Gillis would stab him in the back and shatter the team image he has been working so hard to establish? And, at the end of the day, does Edmonton give up on one of their poster-boy young guns to acquire a more veteran player, with no hopes of making the playoffs?

You think that's reasonable? You do? Well then that's even MORE bat**** crazy...

Archived