The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Romney dodged the draft

Buggernut

Those "studies", which Macleans were dumb enough to publish on their website, prove nothing. Anyone with half a brain, perhaps even you, can see the flaws and bias evident in the structure of comparison. The editorial nature of the article would only appeal to those who already have their mind made up on the matter.

I'm part of generation "ME" and I believe that the baby boomers are the most egotistical, self-centered, and damaging generation that has probably ever existed - at least since the times of Caligula and Nero.

My father completed a four year undergraduate degree, got a nice job, was able to travel the world, pay off his house, and live comfortably in retirement. I on the other hand have more education than he did and probably will never have the same opportunities or securities that he was able to enjoy.

I don't hold any of these financial realities against past generations but I'm sick and tired of having relatives or hear other people who fall into the baby boomer demographic gripe about how my generation needs to work harder and how things aren't like they used to be, how we're causing moral decay which is penetrating all levels of society.

My generation isn't the selfish, irresponsible image that our baby boomer overlords would have you believe. The majority of people around my age are good, honest, hard working people who only would need the opportunity to excel.

Which generation racked up most of the debt?

look at how Harper handled the OAS, he made sure that the baby boomers were not affected, and screwed everyone else.

What ppl want and what ppl get are not the same thing.

Those "studies", which Macleans were dumb enough to publish on their website, prove nothing. Anyone with half a brain, perhaps even you, can see the flaws and bias evident in the structure of comparison. The editorial nature of the article would only appeal to those who already have their mind made up on the matter.

I'm part of generation "ME" and I believe that the baby boomers are the most egotistical, self-centered, and damaging generation that has probably ever existed - at least since the times of Caligula and Nero.

My father completed a four year undergraduate degree, got a nice job, was able to travel the world, pay off his house, and live comfortably in retirement. I on the other hand have more education than he did and probably will never have the same opportunities or securities that he was able to enjoy.

I don't hold any of these financial realities against past generations but I'm sick and tired of having relatives or hear other people who fall into the baby boomer demographic gripe about how my generation needs to work harder and how things aren't like they used to be, how we're causing moral decay which is penetrating all levels of society.

My generation isn't the selfish, irresponsible image that our baby boomer overlords would have you believe. The majority of people around my age are good, honest, hard working people who only would need the opportunity to excel.

Having served in the US DoD, repealing don't ask don't tell, cutting funds off, and a weak military policy upsets many soldiers. The problem is, because Obama is the apex of the Chain of Command, they are reluctant to say anything lest they jeopardize their careers. By the way, where was Obama during Vietnam? He was in Indonesia. He was an Indonesian citizen, because his mother got married there, and he was adopted by his Indonesian step father.

Then there is the stunt that happened at Fort Polk, which has offended a deeply religious community in Vernon Parish. The ministerial association which I belong to, the Governor, and our Congressional delegation are pressing to have this Disciples of Christ chaplain arrested for violating community morality standards and Louisiana state law.

LMAO! :lol:

And you think that the generation that gave birth to those 'baby boomes'; and the grandparents of those 'baby boomers' didn't say the exact same thing about that baby boomer generation when BBs were the younger generation?

And this, below, was the answer those baby boomers gave the parents/grandparents/older generation of the time...

"Baby boomer overlords".....what are you, 12? Or just taking some course in uni that makes you believe you live in such an oppressed society and fires up all your ideals making you think there's someone else to always blame for all the ills besetting the country you live in or for all the effort you might actually have to put in to get ahead. There are plenty of other countries I'm sure would welcome you if you feel so 'oppressed' here in Canada.

Do you think that the generations that came before didn't have to make their own opportunities when faced with nobody giving them any? Nobody handed them their life on a silver platter.......they worked for it, they earned it.

i have a complete brain buddy and i do not need a study to tell me what is patently obvious that there are more stupid , selfish , greedy people than ever . you dismiss a study that does not fit your warped view of reality , in which it seems we are under the control of "our baby boomer overlords " .

have you ever heard the saying , "you get the leaders you deserve" .well when the society that someone lives in is stupid and greedy then their leaders will reflect that , and this is the case in many countries in the world including mine .

i have a complete brain buddy and i do not need a study to tell me what is patently obvious that there are more stupid , selfish , greedy people than ever . you dismiss a study that does not fit your warped view of reality , in which it seems we are under the control of "our baby boomer overlords " .

have you ever heard the saying , "you get the leaders you deserve" .well when the society that someone lives in is stupid and greedy then their leaders will reflect that , and this is the case in many countries in the world including mine .

I said that tongue in cheek, I thought that was pretty clear and didn't need explaining.

Don't put words in my mouth bertuzzi babe. No where did I say I was oppressed or wasn't happy to be a Canadian. You, like your friend here, fail to keep an open mind or even comprehend what other people have to say when they have a view point that differs from your own.

These generational struggles have gone on throughout history, something I alluded to with my Caligula and Nero reference.

let's actually look at the numbers. Remember, this is a chart about the national debt, so is the SLOPE, not the actual height of the graph that matters. (Positive slope means government injected more money in the economy through borrowing, negative slope means government takes money out of economy to pay down the debt)

The evidence clearly shows that the spending spree started in the mid 70's and ended in the early 90's.

gdp.jpg

Sarcasm clearly goes over your head. And who would these people be? Real life acquaintances? Perhaps.

All I know is for the past ten years that I have frequented the forums you have presented yourself as a bully, a person filled with prejudice for those who have different views from your own, and a moderator who often abused their power.

Now I know you stepped down voluntarily and to that I say thank you.

the study is all well and good but it doesn't point out why they feel this way. For instance, being financially well off is considered much more important to the millenials then to the boomers. But have you thought about why this is the case? Perhaps maybe because, due to outsourcing, job security is probably worse then ever? Perhaps because no one in my generations (born in the 80's) seriously believes that that our government can fully meet its social security obligation when we retire?

my parents grew up in the depression , my father in england where he lived on a potato and a couple of bits of bread a day for months on end , and yet they have donated 25% of the wealth they generated in their lives to others less fortunate because they know how it feels to have nothing , so i do not want to hear how bad you got it .

i will be a self funded retiree when i eventually retire and i never have , and never will expect the government to look after me

so what is it exactly that you do put value on ? and in the case of bush , yes the american people did deserve eight years of bush , and he reflected both the values and the intelligence of the people who voted him into office

Archived