Brodziak

Clutterbuck

To Minnesota:

Ballard

Alberts (Both Minny blood)

Booth

raymond (rights)

Why Vancouver does this:

- get younger and larger, with clutterbuck being a very consistant and clean checking line winger

-get arguably best defense man all year for them to partner with Tanev for a secondary shutdown pair, makes 5th/6th D man $$

-Brodziak is a perfect 2nd/3rd line center. with 22G22A last year he could fill in well for Kesler until he returns.

- The most important part is that the team gets about $7M in cap relief from these moves. (about 4.5 excluding raymonds previous contract.)

Why Minnesota does this:

Minnesota's D has been considerably bad, especially after trading Burns to the sharks this year, they lack an abundance of Top 4 D, I think Ballard could excel in his hometown market as a puck moving defense man getting back to the basics on a new team. Alberts adds some size and replaces Stoner as a 5th/6th guy. Both return to the hockey state where they grew up, always something to cheer for.

Minnesota also had the least goals scored in the league last year by almost 20 goals so adding two wingers who have both scored 25+ goals before is never a bad thing, especially with the number of injuries the team faced last year.

A lot of people have been banking on Minnesota landing Suter and Parise as a package, but I don't see it, I think their are too many teams like Detroit/NYR that are going to be throwing money and a huge market at them and they will take the bait and Minnesota will find themselves in trouble again.

Anyways:

Sign Garrison 4 yrs @ 4M/yr

Sign Parenteau 3 yrs @ 3.7M/yr

Sign Rome 2 yrs @ 900k

Sign Weise 1 yr @ 675k

Trade Lu for a winger, prospect, and 1st rounder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Winger from Lu trade - Kesler/Schroeder - Parenteau

Higgins - Brodziak - Clutterbuck

Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Stoner - Tanev

Rome

Schneider

Lack

Let the beating begin :bigblush:

I would do it, Clutterbuck is awesome. That being said I don't know if Minny would take this trade.

Stoner = Ballard and Alberts

Brodziak = Booth

Clutterbuck > Raymond

I don't think it's so one-sided it could never happen, but Minny would be worse off after this trade.

Well a prospect like Corrado or a 2nd rounder could always be added. I doubt it happens as they are division rivals (for the time being) anyways, but I have wanted Clutterbuck for years and Stoner just started playing really well this year.

Booth is more valuable than Brodziak.

I like the deal except for trading Booth, I would rather put in Higgins (personally), but other than that I like it, I like the Idea of getting Clutterbuck for that 3rd line.

I think everyone would like the idea of getting Clutterbuck.

I prefer Higgins, who could also slot into the 2nd line if we dont acquire a winger, allowing Kassian/Jensen to get time in the 3rd line

Edit: I also have a soft spot for players like Ballard and Alberts who never became important pieces for the organization so I like the idea of them going to their home state to play.

Add a 2nd or 3rd going Minny's way and trade Luongo for Weiss straight up (possibly a pick also)

***With signings

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Weiss-Kesler-Parenteau

Higgins-Brodziak-Clutterbuck

Manny-Lapierre-Hansen/Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Stoner-Tanev

Salo

Schneider

Lack

Add a 2nd or 3rd going Minny's way and trade Luongo for Weiss straight up (possibly a pick also)

***With signings

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Weiss-Kesler-Parenteau

Higgins-Brodziak-Clutterbuck

Manny-Lapierre-Hansen/Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Stoner-Tanev

Salo

Schneider

Lack

Archived