The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A More Rounded Set of Lines

RyanKeslord17

I was just thinking, really the Canucks do no need any huge changes, they don't need any in fact. Sure we should definetely sign a couple UFA's to fill some voids, but other than that, we still have the same core that took us to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

This line up will obviously only work if we have the ability to improve from within. Our top forward prospects are currently: Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder, and Rodin. Probably the two most likely to get a shot when we are fully healthy is Jensen and Kassian. Schroeder while Kesler is out.

Here are my lines when Kesler is healthy:

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Kelly-Burrows

Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen

One of the deepest teams in the NHL. You see what's happening in the SCF right now. Both teams don't even care about matching lines or anything, it's just pure rolling of all lines, 1-4 and even the D lines. The Kings have size on all lines, especially their top 6, this lineup has that as well.

Again, this will only work if Jensen and Kassian can take on that top 6 role, and I feel they can. A healthy Kesler can thrive off this line, and make his linemates better. Every member on that 2nd line is 6 foot 2 and above. I have David Booth playing with the twins because i feel that's where he can be his best. Driving to the net and using his size and strength to make room for the twins. Give Booth a couple months and that line will be a nightmare for opponents.

As for Our D, it needs a couple pieces. Hopefully we get a roster Defencemen that is top 4 from the Lu trade or we sign a guy like Jason Garrison or Justin Schultz.

This is a lineup that gives us scoring in every line, grit on every line, and size on every line. If we improve by giving our youth a chance, I like our chances in the playoffs next year.

For the most part I like the lineup but I just don't see Jensen just walking onto the second line. He's still very young and is still a long shot to even make the team. Kassian too will probably start on the 3rd or 4th line and will have to play his way up. I'm hoping Jensen makes the line up but I don't think he will this year.

For the most part I like the lineup but I just don't see Jensen just walking onto the second line. He's still very young and is still a long shot to even make the team. Kassian too will probably start on the 3rd or 4th line and will have to play his way up. I'm hoping Jensen makes the line up but I don't think he will this year.

No huge changes are needed because its the same core that went to the SCF in 2011??? Keep drinking the Kool Aid OP.

I'm not a history major so I'm more concerned about how the team will do in the 2013 playoffs.

It is also the same core that almost got swept, but got knocked out of the post season is an embarrassing 5 games this year.

The Nuck's are a great reg season team, lol

No huge changes are needed because its the same core that went to the SCF in 2011??? Keep drinking the Kool Aid OP.

I'm not a history major so I'm more concerned about how the team will do in the 2013 playoffs.

It is also the same core that almost got swept, but got knocked out of the post season is an embarrassing 5 games this year.

The Nuck's are a great reg season team, lol

I fully disagree, I don't see any toughness in that line-up, Kassian may be an exception but he's still a kid..We need a few bigger/tougher bodies, if I've learned anything this year and last, It's big, tough teams that win the cup.

Jensen and Kassian won't be on our 2nd line. Kassian will be on our third at best, while Jensen could still use another year in the OHL. Hansen will most likely be on our 2nd or 3rd line, he proved he is better than a 4th line player last year. Plus I can't imagine Burr not playing with the Sedins to start the year.

Jensen and Kassian won't be on our 2nd line. Kassian will be on our third at best, while Jensen could still use another year in the OHL. Hansen will most likely be on our 2nd or 3rd line, he proved he is better than a 4th line player last year. Plus I can't imagine Burr not playing with the Sedins to start the year.

Keep Burrows on the first line. Putting him there in the first place was an attempt by the coaching staff to achieve the well-rounded lineup. Now you are voting to replace him in order to round out the lines? I'm confused.

More balanced lines

Sedin Sedin Nash

Booth Thornton Raymond

Jensen Lapierre Hansen

Kassian Konopka Volpatti

You have to admit we could have the peices to make this happen and it would be a better line up than we currently have.

I don't see another year in junior as an over ager helping Jensen's game or better preparing him for the NHL than a year in the AHL. If he doesn't make the Nuck's, he should go to the Wolves, not back to junior.

those lines dont get me excited at all.

Sedin-Sedin-Booth.......av wont play booth on the 1st line, and booth hasnt really earned it either(no finish in big moments)

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian....jensen and kass are way to green to carry a 2nd line through the playoffs, they belong on the fourth if anywhere at all

Higgins-Kelly-Burrows......burrows is a top 6 player

Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen.....hansens a beast not fourth line plug and malhotras days are numbered.

Archived