The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BEST/WORST CANUCKS AUTOGRAPH

bb83

hey guys, what are your best/worst memories of canucks players, past and present, during an autograph session/signing?

ive had nothing but good memories for players like Geoff Courtnall, Greg Adams, Troy Gamble, and today, Manny Malhotra.

Yours?

I've met the team two years in a row now before Minnesota Wild games and pretty much every Canuck is a great signer.

The only ones that I wasn't "impressed" with were Chris Tanev and Zack Kassian. And maybe it was because both are still young and don't know exactly how to handle autograph situations,

Otherwise, Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa, are probably the best signers. By far though, Burrows is the best Canuck I've met.

They call me the SIGNATURE person!

I tell you all of the Canucks are pretty good. BURR is one of the nicest guys. I remember Gino (retired at the time) but he was at one of the Playoff games. I remember him stopping in his car to sign at Gate 9 for "everyone" and he was told to get going maybe by the security. He just stayed there longer and kept signing and holding up traffic. It was awesome to see.

I didn't actually get an autograph, but my best memory was this past year. It was after the January (23? 24?) Oilers game that went to like.. the sixth round of the shootout. Kevin Bieksa was awarded First Star of the game, and when he was doing his little skate around after that was announced, he tossed his stick to a kid sitting by the Canucks bench. Me and my girlfriend ran into the kid and his dad afterwards, and ended up waiting with them and a small crowd for Canucks players by the gate. The kid was maybe 10? He really, really wanted Bieksa to sign the blade of the stick for him. No one was stopping so it was kind of disappointing, but understandable. It was a long game.

The security guard eventually told us that all of the Canucks had left the building, and the kid was just crushed, so I told him we should wait like.. five more minutes. Sure enough, Bieksa rolled up moments later, spotted the kid and pulled over immediately. He signed the stick and a couple of people's hats and things. I wanted him to sign my jersey, but he got annoyed at someone sticking their camera in his face and drove off. Still, I was super happy that kid got his stick signed, especially after every other player just drove by without even a smile or wave or anything. KB3 is all class. :)

Edit: It was the night they launched Mindcheck.ca too, and they dedicated the night to Rypien. It was the first night they were selling the RYP shirts. I really wish that I could have afforded one. :(

I've met the team two years in a row now before Minnesota Wild games and pretty much every Canuck is a great signer.

The only ones that I wasn't "impressed" with were Chris Tanev and Zack Kassian. And maybe it was because both are still young and don't know exactly how to handle autograph situations,

Otherwise, Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa, are probably the best signers. By far though, Burrows is the best Canuck I've met.

I wanted to get Nazzy's sig on my jersey when the Rangers were coming to town that year. But he retired :sadno:

Would a player actually sign the jersey of an older person (not a kid)? I was 20 at the time. I know Ovechkin doesn't, nor Luongo. I mean I was rocking my Nazzy jersey and have been his biggest fan since ever. If he turned me down I probably would have went home and cried LOL

Guest Eminem11

Havn't been to any signings but I go to the Canucks underground parking entrance right beside Gate 9 before and after games and practices. The best time is to go when the Canucks leave practice, thats when the players seem to sign more.

From what I have seen Burrows is the best, he is very nice and does want to sign for fans. One time he drove out of parking and was wating at the stop lite at Expo Blvd and 20-30 fans swarped his vehicle and he started signing autographs. There was a guy behind him and the light turnded green and he said he would sign for everybody. The light turned red and he signed for everyone. He was awesome.

Naslund was good too. I got his atuograh twice when his jersey was retired before and after the game.

Brad May was also very good, he also really enjoys talking to the fans and having conversations.

About 3 years ago now I was at the Vancouver airport. I was going through security and looked to my right and thought, "Wow, that guy must get mistaken for Roberto Luongo a lot!" I look around some more and the whole team is lining up for first class security.

I get through screening and my line is slowly zig zagging it's way through the roped off section. I can see that I will pass right by them. I had a hockey pool with both Sedins on it and had my picks printed on a piece of paper. As I get closer to them I quietly say to a group of them, "would anyone mind signing an autograph?" If most of the players moved as quick during the playoffs we would have have beat L.A. No problem but Henrik signed the back of my hockey pool right away. I said thanks and told him I have him in my hockey pool. The rest of them ran away away pretty quick but I don't blame them. No one else in my line seemed to know they were Canucks until I asked.

I didn't bug any more of them but after I got through I saw Av on the moving walkway. I said to him, "good Luck in Dallas!" he smiled and said thanks.

They won too!

Like some others on here I have done the "autograph" thing at gate 9 about 3 or 4 times a year. I DONT sell any of my stuff and have kept everything I have ever gotten signed, so yes i have a pretty sweet collection.

BEST CANUCKS

Brad May- by far the best, will talk to everybody, wants to know you name and how your day is going, he would sign 10 cards per person if they had them. I have seen him do it

Trevor Linden- is there any doubt

Mattias Ohlund

Sami Salo

Brendan Morrison

Alex Burrows

Cliff Ronning

and Daniel and Henrik- simply amazing. I have lots of beautifull pieces signed to me on my walls from them

Worst Canucks

Todd Bertuzzi- would rather run you over with his Hummer then stop and sign

Markus Naslund- never got him once, asked him once while walking in " Mr Naslund would you sign my calendar?" I got a " pff no"

Brent Sopel

Ryan Kesler

Best other NHL'ers that I have met

Daniel Alfredson

Curtis Joseph

Mats Sundin

Jeremy Roenick

Dany Heatley

Dom Hasek

Shawn Horcoff

and all the HNIC crew !

Worst NHL'er